Bad Cop Pt.2

"This can't wait anymore." (Reader at home: Neither can this damn update. And you know what...fair point).

Your adrenaline was waning. You barely had enough energy to stay awake; let alone protest your father. "Dad. You're freaking me out."

Your dad pulled off the main road into a more inconspicuous dirt side road. It was dark outside but you could see the inkling of sunlight peaking from the horizon. Be it the false sense of security that came with daylight, you climbed out the car when your dad parked.

Your father followed suit and got out the driver's side. He seemingly ignored you and went to the trunk of the car to pull out a rather large black duffel bag. 

"What are we doing here?" you asked frustrated by your father's continuing silence. "Where are we?"

Your father ignored you as he began his trek into the surprisingly dense forest. He clearly knew were he was going and his determination was frightening.

It was all just so overwhelming. First, the serial killer. Then you had to kill that lunatic and now the news about your mother. Tears began to swell in your eyes. "Did I really kill mom?"

Your dad turned and solemnly looked at you. "No sweetie you didn't kill your mother."

Sigh. What a reli-

"You didn't just kill your mother; you tore her apart. The doctors couldn't stop the hemorrhage you caused. They couldn't stop her screams either. Oh how those screams taunt me: 'My baby! My baby! I wanna see my baby! At this point in his monologue your dad grabbed your wrist and started pulling toward a clearing. "To think! My wife was dying and the last thing she cared about was you."

You struggled to break from his grip. You squirmed and pushed and pleaded for him to let go. To no avail, your father was practically dragging you at this point. The forest was damp and thick with mud. You were stumbling due to its viscosity and the numbing sensation that overcame your body. Your own father. The only parental figure in your life was blaming you for your mother's death.

You didn't know what to do so you just cried. And cried. The tears clouded your vision and your body ached in pain. It felt as if every muscle in your body was on fire. Yet, you felt so cold. A coldness that could only consume you when someone truly shatters your heart.

----

Time of Death: 6:00 AM

Cause of death:  A broken heart </3

Nah jk.. but I had you there for a second ;)

Two detective stood at the scene of the crime.

"Another murder suicide huh?" one detective said looking disapprovingly at the victim's body. "Do you think this was related to the earlier serial murders?"

The older detective finished writing some notes in his report. "I don't know.  All I know is you have to be a certain kind of evil to tie someone up, cut open their stomach, and watch them bleed to death." The detective glanced at his notes again. "His own daughter too. Talk about flesh and blood."