Chapter 4

About the Wattpad Block Party: you all voted for an interview with Kennedy, but on facebook people voted for tips so... It will be a hybrid post: a few tips AND an interview!

And since it was you who wanted Kennedy, here's your chance to ask him anything. Write your questions in the comments and I'll include them in the interview.

I have a due date to write the post so I'm only accepting questions until Friday morning. If you comment after that, I'll try to answer you in a chapter at some point, but it won't make it into the ASK KENNEDY section of the WBP post.

 If you comment after that, I'll try to answer you in a chapter at some point, but it won't make it into the ASK KENNEDY section of the WBP post

"What was that?" Rhys asked as we both walked out of the room. We got to my yard just in time to see Riley standing from the ground on shaky legs, frowning and rubbing his butt, and Luna watching him with a tilted head.

Rhys stepped towards the two and grabbed his mate, turning the boy this way and that way while looking him over.

"You slipped, didn't you?" My childhood friend asked without expecting an answer and Riley didn't give him one. The younger boy just puckered his lips, his cheeks colored in pink.

"You should've followed the advice you gave to Luna and been more careful around the ice," Rhys went on. He placed a hand on either side of his mate's face and tilted Riley's face up. "You are alright, right?"

"Yeah," Riley muttered.

"Good." Rhys leaned down and gave his mate the sweetest, most gentle peck on the lips. Riley immediately perked up, lifted himself on his toes to smooch Rhys in turn.

I wrapped my arms around my torso. Watching the two did strange things to me.

I was happy for them - they were absolutely adorable together and both were good people so they deserved each other - but I had to deal with the sadness lumping my throat.

I would never have that with Callum.

He would never caress my cheeks while asking me if I was alright if I slipped, he would never plant a reassuring kiss on my lips...

I hugged myself tighter.

Never, ever, ever, and I would spend my life alone, watching others be happy with their mates.

"You are cold," came Riley's concerned voice and I was just about to answer him - 'Well, it's chilly' - when I looked back at the couple. Riley was rubbing Rhys' hands to warm him up and I, the idiot, realized he'd been talking to his mate.

"I'll just grab my jacket and we can go home," Rhys replied with one parting peck - this time on the tip of Riley's nose - and went into the hallway, just far enough to pick up and don the black leather.

He gave me a hug, whispering 'I'll text you', then move aside for Riley to do the same.

"See you tomorrow," Riley said as I squatted to pet Luna, her tail wagging as she sniffed at my feet.