Chapter 37

Hey, kittens!

My post for the Wattpad Block Party - My 5 Favorite Motivation and Productivity Tips + An Exclusive Sneak Peek - is up. The tips are to motivate you to write, but can be applied to other areas of your life, and the sneak peek is from the first chapter of a Contemporary M/M Romance (no, not part of the Dogs, Bats & Monkeys series). The link to the post is available in the first comment to this chapter, given as an external link and also in my last message to followers.

Also, I'm hosting a giveaway.

The prize?

A $5 Amazon gift card.

How to enter?

Click on the link in the first comment (also available on my Wattpad Bio/About Me and in my last message to followers).

The giveaway is opened internationally and ends on February 28th. Good luck!

And now: the new chapter.

The vivid green eyes stared at me unblinking, their owner perched unabashedly on the coffee table in my living room

The vivid green eyes stared at me unblinking, their owner perched unabashedly on the coffee table in my living room. I raised an eyebrow at him. He made no sound or motion.

"How did you even get in here?" I asked the Russian Blue. I had not opened any windows - I didn't want any of the cold night air to get inside my warm house - and my front door didn't possess a cat flap.

No reply. Not that I had expected one.

With a sigh, I moved further into the room, reaching for the animal once I was near him. Luca snaked his body away from me as if my fingers would spoil his glossy, silvery grey coat.

"Seriously?" I straightened up and crossed my arms over my chest. "Get down."

I was cast a look of superiority and Luca began to pointedly groom himself.

"By the Goddess, you are even worse than your owner."

A chuckle surprised me and I turned around, said owner leaning on the doorframe between the living room and the hallway, a plate with strawberry cheesecake on it in one hand and a small fork in the other.

"You are out of ice cream," Alec pointed out, cutting a small piece of cheesecake with the fork, then stabbing it and placing it into his mouth.

I pushed away the annoyance that he'd snuck up on me again - freaking vampire stealth! - and the realization that Luca must've gotten in along with his owner and simply concentrated on Alec's unasked for presence in my home.

"Inviting yourself in?" I let reproach seep into my tone.

"Obviously." He said evenly, helping himself to another mouthful of the cheesecake I'd both as comfort food.

"What do you want, Alec?" I asked, my foot tapping against the uncarpeted floor.

"This is a very rude welcome." His tongue darted out to lick the fork.