Chapter 14

First, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS ON CH. 13! You guys are absolutely amazing and the things you said inspired part of this chapter.

Second, the giveaway I'll be hosting starts on April 12th so you can still "vote" for what you want me to give away. There will be at least two prizes and the possible choices are (in no particular order):

- a follow on one of these (winner picks which): Wattpad, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr

- a spoiler on Horace's mate (if this ends up being one of the prizes but the giveaway winner doesn't want to know, I won't give them the spoiler)

- feedback on one of your chapters (winner picks the story)

- chapter dedication from any of my Wattpad novels (winner can pick the novel and chapter)

- a Wattpad shout-out

Have another suggestion for a prize? Write it in the comments!

How do you "vote" for a prize?

By writing in the comments which prize/prizes you want to win!

He was here and he was getting closer.

I heard the same screech coming from the floorboards as when Kelly and I had stepped over one particular spot, but that wasn't what gave away Callum's proximity. The air was charging up more and more, the electric current growing stronger, letting me know who my mate was and where they were. The phenomenon wouldn't go away until we've consummated our relationship, and not even then. If we were to end up together, the feeling would lessen and only manifest when we were touching, but it would still be there, weak, but present.

Or at least, so I'd heard. I couldn't speak from experience. By staying away from Callum, the recognition mechanism, as some called it, was constantly on in his presence, powerful and keeping me alert.

I gulped, my eyes not leaving my cousin, who was with her back to me and plucking darts off the board. I couldn't let her know I'd sensed the Detective; what if she figured out the reason for it?

Kelly turned around, her gaze on someone behind me - I knew all too well who - and smiled.

"Hey, boss!" She chirped as she walked towards me and stood by my side. "Didn't expect to see you here."

With Kelly having addressed him, I had to turn around and meet the man myself. I did so just in time to see him - no more than three feet away from us - nod.

"Kelly. Miss Greer."

My peripheral vision caught Kelly rolling her eyes.

"When are you going to stop calling her 'Miss Greer'?" She asked. "You make her sound like an old unmarried woman."