Chapter 18

I was going to write this entirely from Keri's POV, but then I though "Hmm, let's give the good ol' readers some more Alec". You are welcome! Enjoy ;)

"What do you want this time?"

I could just imagine the guarded expression Keri had on her face wherever she was right now. Probably at home. The girl lacked any kind of social life.

I leaned my ass against the railing and sipped the milkshake that was in my right hand; it was vanilla and not as good as the one Riley had made me, but still pretty good. Maybe I should've gone to the mall in Woodville and had my soon to be uncle make me one instead. It would've had the added bonus of seeing him all flustered.

"Alec?" A demanding note made its way into the summons.

I smirked.

An impatient little Alpha, wasn't she?

I flexed the fingers of my left hand over the phone before I gave her a reply:

"Oh, my, oh, my! Losing our temper already? And when I'm nice enough to give you a call to warn you."

I heard a sharp intake of breath from the other end of the line.

Oh, how lovely it would've been to see her face!

Would she turn pale?

Would she bare her teeth?

It was Keri, so my money was on the latter.

"What did you do, Alec?" I heard her growl.

Yep, definitely bared teeth.

I turned around to lean on the railing and look down at the people scurrying on the first floor of the Fallbridge mall. Such fragile, tedious creatures humans were.

"I just followed your advice," I replied in a bored tone although a part of me was enjoying itself. Riling Keri up was fun. It might've been more fun to do it in person, but I wasn't in a mood to deal with the rest of the mutts in her pack. A phone call had to suffice.

"My advice?" She repeated, her inflection questioning and accusing at the same time.

"Your list," I clarified. "I'm having a few things delivered to the little beast this afternoon so I suggest you tell your wards not to go around the neighbourhood in hairy mode."

Three mommies with an horde of squealing pre-school girls passed me by on their way to a children's clothing store. I grimaced; were all kids so loud?

Would the little beast be so loud?

There was nothing about children being so loud in the books I bought on raising them. There were a whole bunch of nasty - and not the good kind of nasty - tasks the parents had to perform before their offspring learned to do them for themselves, but they were all somewhat romanticized, as if they would bring enormous joy to the parents.