Chapter 25

Hey, humans, shifters, vampires and everything in between!

I usually upload on Sundays, but it's my dad's birthday today so I decided to update a bit early as a way to celebrate it. Turns out, it's not the only thing I get to be happy about today: Book 1 of the Dogs, Bats & Monkeys series - You Are the Answer, has reached 503K reads!

That's right: over half a million reads!

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported the series with comments, votes and sharing links to my stories on social media! I love you all so much and I'm going to commemorate the moment with another game: cast any character from the Dogs, Bats & Monkeys series for a chance to win a chapter dedication and a Wattpad shout-out from me.

To find out how to enter and who won the previous game, check out the A/N at the bottom.

And now, for the new update. We are going to take a short trip back in time (part of the chapter) to see the events from Ch. 24 from Keri's POV before we switch back to Callum for a little bit of new content.

 24 from Keri's POV before we switch back to Callum for a little bit of new content

"Thanks, cous!"

I knew I made some pretty good rice with veggies, but the grin Kelly had on when she spoke was way too big to be the result of my culinary abilities.

"Okay." I placed the baking pan I'd brought next to a bowl of mashed potatoes that was on my cousin's counter and crossed my arms over my chest. "What's going on here?"

"What do you mean?" Her attempt at a nonchalant shrug would've been more convincing if she wasn't still smiling.

"Why did you invite me here tonight? What's this dinner really about?"

"I just..."

Steve arrived, winning his wife a few precious seconds to think over her reply. He wheeled his chair in, a large platter with barbequed meat sitting in his lap, and looked up at me to greet me with a jovial "Oh, hello, Keri!"

"Hey." I nodded at him, then turned back to my cousin. "So?"

"Am I interrupting something?" The man asked, placing the platter next to my rice and Kelly's potatoes.

"Yes, and I think you know that since you are trying to take my attention off your wife," I replied, holding him no grudge. His dark brown eyes twinkled and he winked at me.

"Let's just go to the dining room," Kelly offered, checking her phone for - I presumed - the time. That was twice in the five or so minutes I'd been in their home.

"And then you are going to tell me what you have planned?" I asked and her grin returned.

"Better yet: I'll show you."

I sighed, swirled on my heels and sped towards the other room with the two of them in tow.

"Well?" I asked as soon as I'd stepped inside, my nerves getting the best of me.