Chapter 1

Chapter One:

"Eliza, let's go!" I shouted from my room to my best friend. We were getting ready to go to a party. An end of the year type of thing.

"Calm down, I'm coming!" She replied from the bathroom, across the hall. A minute later, she came out wearing a black, strapless dress that stopped mid-thigh and red pumps. She had her long, black hair in tight curls and had her eyeliner and mascara dark where it made her eyes more blue. If that was even possible. I was always jealous of her eyes, blue like the Caribbean.

"All done, now we can go partayyy!" She said while giving a little fist pump in the air.

"Alright, let me get Mason. I'll meet you in the car," I told her before I went down the hall and around the corner to my brother's room. "Mase, if you still want to go to Cameron's house, I'll take you now," I told him, standing at the doorway.

"Okay," he said while putting video games into his bag.

"You'll probably end up sleeping over, so pack more than video games. Alright?" I smiled.

"Are you gonna be with Ethan?"

"No he is with his family, so it's just me and Eliza and some other friends," I explained. "Is that cool with you?"

"Yeah, I was just wondering,"

"Ok well you know to call me when you want to come home or if there are any other problems, right?"

"Right. I'll be out in five minutes!"

"Take all the time you need," I said with a smile. "By the time you're done we'll probably still end up waiting for Eliza anyways,"

Surprisingly, I was wrong..

After I dropped off Mason at his best friend's house, Eliza kept telling me to drive faster. "Come on Ans, there are college guys there!" She shrieked, so that's why we didn't end up waiting on her. Any other day, I would've been excited about college guys being there, but I didn't really care. I have a boyfriend that I've been with for six months now.

"Would you calm down? I'm going as fast as I can,"

"That's what she said!" She laughed.

We got there twenty minutes later. The party was in full swing. You could feel the ground vibrate with the bass of the music. People were already puking on the lawn and making out with each other. It was only 9:15.

Oh boy.

We could barely walk through the front door, there were so many people here. Once we got through the front door, which had been the dance floor, I went straight to the drinks. There were a lot of people here which made me glad that I had decided to wear a flowy shirt and shorts. I would have been sweating if I would've worn jeans.

After about an hour, Eliza was on the dance with three guys. College guys. They were cute too. Hell, there was a lot of cute guys here. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. I'm in a relationship, but it doesn't hurt if I'm just looking. It's not like I'm ever going to talk to any of them again. Unless Eliza decides to get close with one of the three that she's dancing with, than maybe. Maybe.

We've been here for about two and a half hours, maybe even three, and I'm on my fourth drink- a soda. Normally, I would hang out with Ethan, my boyfriend, but he's at some family event. So here I am watching everybody have fun and drink. It sucks being the DD- the designated driver.

But I am use to being responsible because I take care of my little brother. My mom is barely around with her working all the time. She works to keep the pain away, to keep her mind busy. But we all have to face the pain, eventually. And when she is home, she usually ignores us. I guess since we look like my dad, we remind her of what she has lost. So, as Eliza says, I live on my own and take care of my little brother. My dad died seven years ago when I was eleven years old and Mason only two. I stepped in and took care of Mason when my mom wasn't there for him.