Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen:

That wasn't exactly how I wanted to tell Jace that I'd be his, but... the look on his face was priceless. I wish I had captured it in a picture. I surely didn't expect him to kids me on my forehead, either. In fact, I was hoping that he'd kiss me on the lips. I didn't get a chance to see Ethan's face before Jace pulled us away, but I'm sure that Chase will fill me in.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when I notice my mother standing by a tree. I tense up and stop walking as fast. I know that Jace notices this because he starts rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb.

"She came." I whisper low enough for only Jace to hear.

"Of course she did. Why wouldn't she?" I give him a look like he should know why. To give more effect, I pinch his side. Not that it hurt him by the same, not bothered look on his face.

I look back towards my mother once I notice she's slowly walking towards us.

"Congratulations, Andy! You were so beautiful out there dancing with Luke." she compliments us.

I just look at her, not really sure how to respond to that.

"Oh congrats to you too, Eliza and Luke!"

They both say thank you, while I'm surprised she even remembers their names.

"Let's go eat. I'm getting hungry!" Aunt Lilly announces.

When we get to the restaurant, I immediately pick the seat that's further away from my mother with my back to the door. Jace must of had his mind set on sitting next to me since he immediately picked the seat next to me.

Eliza and her family join us for dinner, which an advantage on my part. My mom will talk to Eliza's parents instead of trying to act like a caring mother and talk to her children.

Eliza and her brother sir across from Jace and I, while Mason sits on the end. Yes, Eliza's brother, the one that tormented new when I was a child.

"Where's the tool?" Travis, Eliza's brother asks.

"Sold him." I say casually, going along with the name he called Ethan.

"For good? No refunds?" Trav asks with a big smile on his face.

"Yes." I say and it feels good to say I'm done with Ethan.

"I don't meant to be rude, but this is..?" Trav points to Jace.

"You? Not rude?" Eliza scoffs.

"I'm not rude. I just don't hold back on my thoughts."

"This is Jace, my boyfriend. Jace this is Eliza's older brother. Also known as the person that tormented me when I was a kid and almost killed me once."

"I did not almost kill you."

"Really. I consider it almost dying when my vision gets blurry ans starts to go black."

"You were going to sleep, taking a nap."

"Dying is sleeping, just permanent."

"I got off of you before you went under, didn't I?"

"Only because I walked in and started freaking out." Eliza points out.

"Who asked you?" Eliza punches his arm. "You two are sissies. I'd never intentionally hurt you."

"Lies." I declare before taking a sip of my soda.

"I have to ask. Why were you on her?" Jace speaks up.

"She was annoying child. That should explain everything."

"Was. Not. You just don't know how to respect others."