Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen:

"We should go to the beach one of these days." Eliza says.

"I'm off of work majority of next week. Plus Mase doesn't have school."

"Alright, I'll see when we can go. The whole crew or just us three?"

"Wouldn't it be more fun with everyone there?"

"True, true," she pauses, "You can bring Jace!" She basically shouts.

I pull the phone away in an attempt to save my ear drum, "Els, that was my ear."

"Awe, it's gonna be like a cute beach date." She ignores my comment.

"How? Everybody's gonna be there. A date is usually just the couple..unless it's a double date."

"I'll make it work."

I roll my eyes. "Don't do anything, let the day go the way it goes."

"And if I do something?"

"Eliza."

"Fine, fine." She surrenders.

I already know she's gonna try something, she doesn't give up that easily.

Soon after we hang up and I go about my day. Mason is at school, no new news with that, so I have to keep track of time so I'm not late picking him up. His school isn't so far from our house where he can't walk. I just pick him up because he has all of his baseball equipment.

I tell him to keep it in the car, but he doesn't listen to me. Aunt Lilly says that's what my dad use to do when he was little. Honestly, it's cute watching him carry his bag and bookbag.

I'm distracted from my thoughts when I hear my phone start ringing.

Jace calling.

"Hello?"

"Hey, what are you doing today?" he asks.

"I'm always doing something."

"Yeah, I know. You never catch a break."

"I'm use to it, no biggie." I smile.

"It is a 'biggie' to me."

"Alright, then do something about it."

"Oh I plan to. Don't worry about that." I can't pratically hear him smilling big right now.

"I'm just picking up Mase from school and if I'm not done here at the store, that's where I'll be." I ignore his comment.

"Okay as long as you don't pretend to be another guys girlfriend." he says, referring to the first time he came into the store.

"That was my first and last time doing that. No worries."

"I always worry." he deadpans.

"You have nothing to worry about."

"I'm a guy. I know what guys are thinking even when they aren't showing it."

"Alright, change of subject. What are you doing today?"

"I have baseball practice around 2-2:30ish."

"Do people come and watch you guys?"

"Yeah, it's not really private."

"Chill. I was just wondering."

"Why? You gonna come and watch?"

"Maybe, if I have time."

"Cool. Just let me know ahead of time so I can tell my girlfriend not to come."