Chapter 10

Chapter Ten:

When I was in freshman year, I couldn't wait to make new friends and make more memories that I'd cherish forever. Now, in senior year, I can't wait for graduation to come and be over with. I'm ready to start the new chapter in my life. I hope to keep my friends that I have. The very few true ones.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got ready early. The result of me being ready early is me walking to school. I decided to give earth a break on the exhaust fumes. I didn't get much sleep, so I'm a bit grumpy. I didn't bother to do my hair, so it's in a sloppy, lose pony tail. My flyaway hairs getting whipped around by the wind. I also didn't give much care about my outfit either, a t-shirt and lose jean shorts that come mid thigh, maybe. Mason got a ride with Cameron because they wanted to go early and get autographs. To make matters worse, I completely forgot to get my crap from Ethan's locker.

Good thing I remembered too, because if I hadn't, he would have shown up at my house. Definitely not what I wanted.  So I tried to hurry up and get my shit out before he came, but unfortunately, luck is not on my side lately. He was nice enough to give me his bag he had in his car. I don't know why, that's not gonna put him in my good graces, for sure. But given my situation of not having any extra bags with the fact that my car is at home, I took up on his offer. No doubt that I'll return it along with everything else that belongs to him that is still taking up space in my room.

Eliza and Luke offered to give me a ride, but I declined that offer, knowing very well that if they came over, I wouldn't get anything done. I also have a feeling that they'd bombard me with questions on Jace. Sometimes them two can't get along, but when they can, they agree with each other so much, they start to finish each other's sentences. A great quality for a perfect relationship, I know, but definitely not for them.

I am now walking home carrying two bags and some extra clothes that didn't fit in either bags. The good thing about living near the water is the occasional breeze that makes an appearance.

My house is only four blocks away from school, but when you're carrying everything I'm carrying with the sun beating on you, it feels like miles.

I ended up taking the long way to avoid running into Ethan and his friends again. This route requires me to go by the baseball field that Mason plays at. May I remind you, its farther away from my house.

Why couldn't I just ignore Ethan and walk on by? Because he would have ditched his friends and walked with me to my house. Something I really don't want to happen. Another reason why I can't wait until most of my former classmates move the hell out of town to, possibly, another state.

I sit down on a bench to give my back a break. I dig through my shoulder bag for my Ipod, giving me something to listen to. I plug in my headphones when I pick a good song. I relax for a bit on the bench until I realize I probably look like a creeper to others that are around.

"All Of The Stars" by Ed Sheeran starts to play so I put the volume higher. I start to hum along to the song, knowing it's not safe to sing out loud. As I pass by the field, I see some kids playing a game. Some look younger than Mason's age and others look older than me. Maybe dads playing with their kids.

I jump when I feel someone tap my shoulder. I yank my headphones out as I'm turning around to see who scared the shit out of me. I let out a heavy sigh when I see that it's Ethan.

I try to cover up that he scared me by crossing my arms. I can feel my heart beating too fast for normal.

"Sorry for scarring you." He apologized.

"What so you want, Ethan?" I ask.

"You dropped this," he holds his hand out, which has my cardigan in it.