Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

Unfortunately, the movie doesn't really help with the fact that my phone keeps buzzing with texts and calls from Ethan. I'm  sending his calls straight to voicemail, something I know really gets on his nerves. I smile at the thought of pissing him off. Giving him a shot of his own medicine. I would shut my phone off but I won't take the risk of missing Mason's call. So I deal with it and try to focus on the movie.

Not long after the movie ends I get a call from Mason asking me to pick him up.

"Yeah Mase, I'll be there in a few." I hang up with him and look over to Eliza, who happened to fall asleep again.

I nudge her side to wake her up. It takes a few tries before she opens one eye saying, "What can I possibly help you with now?"

"I'm heading out to pick up Mase. You good here by yourself?"

"Yeah I just need more sleep. Get out of my house." She grumbles.

"I'm going, see ya later."I laugh, knowing she is joking.

"I love you!"

"Love ya too!"

I get into my jeep, not bothering to put on the radio. I drive a couple blocks to Cameron's house. I beep to let Mason know I'm here, not feeling like going in the house. I'm going through my phone, deleting some pictures of me and Ethan when I get a call from my Aunt Lilly, my dad's younger sister. "Hey Aunt Lilly, what's up?"

"Hey honey, are you busy today? Can you do me a gigantic favor?"

"No I'm not doing anything special, what is it?" I ask in favor to do anything to keep me busy.

"Can you watch over the store for me? I know it's not your day but I have to run some errands around town."

"Yeah no problem, you don't have to explain."

"Great! So I'll see you in a few then?"

"Yeah I'm picking up Mason right now and bringing him home."

"Alrighty, see ya in five. I love you."

"Love you too." I smile. I hang up and am just about to beep again when I see Mason walking up to the car.

"Hey Mase," I wait for him to put his seatbelt on to start driving. "I'm dropping you off at home and then I have to go to dad's store for a couple of hours for Aunt Lilly."

"Uhh, before you take off can you drop off at practice since you're going that way?"

I glance at him confused for a bit turning my head back to the road. "Shit," I smack my forehead. "That's right, I forgot. Okay yeah that's fine, just hurry up and get your gym bag and change." I order while he laughs at me.

"Since you're gonna be there a while, can I come by instead of walking home and being alone?"

"Yeah that's the routine, you know that." I rub my hand on his head, messing up his hair. I usually have him stay with me at the store after his practice or after school if he isn't at Cameron's instead of him being alone at home with my mom and have her yell at me later or worse, she takes her anger out on him.

I stop in the driveway, waiting for this kid to get his bag. I get a text from Wyatt.

Wyatt: Heyy, how you holding up?

Just reading it makes me smile.

Me: Hanging in there.

I walk in the store to Aunt Lilly grabbing her purse. She asks how Mason is doing and I tell he's fine, he's at practice. She kisses me on the cheek and says she'll be back to talk. The way she said it sounded like a double meaning.