Chapter 7

Chapter Seven:

"What are you doing?" Jace asks.

"I'm cleaning the dirt in my car. What does it look like I'm doing?" I snap, not bothering to look at him.

"Now, I knew you were a dirty girl." I can hear the smirk on his face.

"I'm really not in the mood so stop." I let out a frustrated breath. I grab the rag from his hand and start brushing the dirt off the seat.

"He tried talking to you, didn't he?" Jace doesn't even have to say Ethan's name for me to know who he is talking about.

"Yeah...He succeeded actually."

"When I texted you?"

"That was the second time when I slapped him in class." I look at him when I get all the dirt out.

"The second time? You slapped him?!" His jaw drops and his eyes wide. "Did you get in trouble? How did he react?"

"Yeah he got me at my locker and I went off on him. And yes I did slap him. No I didn't get in trouble." I shut the car door and lean against it. "The teacher let it slide because I never gave him trouble and it's close to graduation. He was shocked...just like you are."

"Well I knew you have it in you with you being feisty and all. I just didn't think you'd do it in school."

"It was all in the moment. He called Eliza, my best friend, a bitch and I just snapped."

"Why did he call her a bitch?"

I tell him about Ethan butting in about my last name being the same as his and what Eliza called him and how he got mad. With me mentioning the last names I explain that Eliza drew mine and his initials and it wasn't the same letter as Ethan's last name.

"So that's why she needed my last name."

"I told you why." I cross my arms.

"Yeah but now it makes sense. You weren't talking to your friends about me." He frowns.

"No, I wasn't. Come to think of it. I didn't really talk to any of my friends besides Eliza today. Everyone basically stayed away from me when I yelled at Ethan in the morning."

"I see that as a good thing. You know less stress and people wanting to talk to you to see what's happening. Nosy people." He walks towards me. "But...I'd like...want to, actually, to see that picture. I wanna see what made your ex get his underwear in a twist."

I shake my head. "Nope. Cause then you're gonna get ideas. Ideas I don't want you to have."

"Maybe I want to have those ideas. What if I already have those ideas?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Then that's your problem." I roll my eyes and brush the hairs that escaped my bun out of my face. I honestly don't know why I'm giving him such a hard time with the picture. It's just a picture, right? But what if he gets the wrong idea.

"I'm gonna see the picture one way or another." He starts to walk towards my front door. I hurry up and pull his arm, stepping in front of him, stopping him from going to the front door.

Jace wraps his arm around my waist, picking me up, like I weighed nothing, and moving me out of his way. I giggle as he carries me and can feel my cheeks burning. Jace puts me on my feet and I turn around not wanting him to see. I take a breath and turn around.

"You're not going to see the picture. I said no."

Jace looks at me for awhile before saying, "Who died and made you boss?" He crosses his arms, pouting like a six year old. He pushes his bottom lip out and I can't help but look at it and wonder what it'd feel like to have his lips in mine. I snap out of my thoughts when Jace takes a step toward me.