Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven:

"Why do we have to dress up? No one's gonna see what we were with the ugly gown on." Eliza pouts.

"People will see what you're wearing when we take the before and after group picture."

We are in my room, hanging out before we have to get ready for graduation. Eliza has been complaining about getting dressed up for nothing, how no one's gonna see the hot outfit she puts together. Not to mention how she is still gonna make her hair look good with the cap on her head.

"Yeah, how many hours later is that?"

"Its before...and after...the graduation. Hence the name of it." I look at her as if I was saying 'Duhh'.

I've explained this like three times t her already.

"No need to get snappy. I just don't understand."

"I thought you like getting dressed up."

"I do. I just think we should be comfortable since we're gonna be sitting there for awhile."

"El...we're gonna be sitting. What do you have to be comfortable about?"

"What are you wearing?"

"I was thinking of just wearing a simple dress. Nothing too fancy and not too casual. What do you think?"

"That's perfect for you!"

"While you were busy complaining about dressing up and being uncomfortable, I figured you can wear those dressy shorts with pockets and a fancy shirt that's tucked into the shorts."

"Maybe I should complain more often..." she trails off.

"I think not. I just did you a favor, one less thing you have to worry about."

"Well...we have like hours til' we have to get ready. What do you wanna do?"

That is right. It's only 11:45 in the morning. Graduation is at 5:30 p.m.

"Speaking of how much time we have. I still have to text Jace."

"Yeah. Go text your lover boy." she grins really big.

"Stop that. You look really creepy."

"You're not even gonna acknowledge the lover boy part?"

"Why pay attention to something that's not there?"

Eliza groans out loud, "You don't wanna know how bad I wanna smack you right now," she gives me a dirty look, "Why do you insist on ignoring what's in front of you?"

"I'm not ignoring anything, I'm just not ready to throw myself out there just yet. Plus I have my whole life to date."

"You won't be saying that when you're a lonely cat lady." she mumbles.

"Eliza, I don't want to go into college in a relationship. They never last."

"Then don't have a relationship going into college." she shrugs her shoulders.

"What. The. Hell. First you tell me to be in a relationship and now you're telling me not to. Make up your damn mind, woman."

"Have a summer fling." she says like it's nothing.

"What if I end up having feelings for him? Then the whole was a waste."

"Not really. It's not a waste if you put the effort in it. Who knows, maybe Jace will end up having feelings for you too. You don't know."

"Yeah, neither do you."

"Then why did you invite him to graduation?"

"I didn't want my tickets to go to waste?"