Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen:

One thing I'm grateful for of not living on campus is the hassle of getting everything ready. Since I don't want to be away from Mason, I've decided to commute from home to school everyday. Which isn't much since the University is close by.

I'm helping Eliza make a list of all the crap she'll need at the end of summer.

Yes. Yes it's true, she's leaving me to go across the country. Heartbreaking, yes, but I know we'll stay in touch no matter what. After all, she is my sister I never had.

I told her I'd help her since I was completely free today. Mason's at Cameron's house since yesterday was his last day of school. I have yet to tell him about going to a water park.

We always go to my dad's beach house for a month of the summer. My mom wanted to sell the beach house also, but had no say in it since its really my dad's and Aunt Lilly's house.

Taking a break for the list, I go downstairs to get us some drinks. Of course her brother is sitting at the counter.

"What's up Addition?" he smiles.

"Must you call me that? There's no relevance with my name." I say even though I know it's a lie.

He started calling me that after about a year after Mason was born. Mason started the name 'Andy' because he couldn't say my full name. The doctors told my parents that he'd need to go to speech classes, but my dad wasn't having it. You can say that my dad was old fashioned and I loved that about him.

So when Travis became comfortable around me, he made fun of the nickname. I didn't have a problem with it since I came to know that that's how Travis is. So he told me he was gonna call me Addition or Add since they match the first three letters of my fill name, Addison.

I don't pay attention towards my full name, I never did because I was never really called by that name besides in school. My dad always called my Baby Girl, while my mom called me Sweetheart.

"Yes I must," he breaks me out of my thoughts, "It's my name for you. Why you don't like it?"

I shake my head.

"Well too bad."

I roll my eyes and move towards the fridgerator, having a taste for lemonade.

"Nice choice on the new boyfriend." I hear Travis say behind me.

"Get a bucket for the sarcasm dripping from your mouth." I retort.

He chuckles, "I was being serious, what the fuck?"

"You always have a comment for every guy I date."

"Not true. I had facts about Ethan. Totally different."

"Yeahm yeah, yeah. You were right about him, next." I say, not in the mood to hear more Things about how stupid I was, which is true.

If only I opened my eyes a lot sooner, I wouldn't have been stuck with him this whole time.

"As I was saying, I honestly think he's a major upgrade. I mean, there's still a lot to learn about him, but for the most part, he's a pretty cool guy."

I stare at him, stunned into silence, because this guy in front of me never compliments people, unless he's trying to get some.

"I watched the way he interacted with Mason at the dinner. He's totally different from Ethan."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, because he's already had his fair share of women."

"You can't hold a guy to his past."