10) Rose Petals

"Do what?!" I say out loud. I write it on the board instead, and she reads it. "Come up here! I need you!" she cries.

I couldn't do that, anyway, even if I wanted to. Well...I want to, but I can't. I can't be up there for more than six months without withering away.

"Please! Find ANY way to!" she says, tugging at her hair.

No. You don't need me. You're strong, beautiful, confident, independent, and smart,

She smiles, sniffing and wiping her tears.

You don't need anyone. Just promise me one thing?

"Of course, what?" she asks.

Don't get back with Reese out of pure loneliness. Please, please don't. He's a monster.

"I won't, I won't." she says with a faint smile. I hear a thud behind me, and wind blows through the place, blowing my clothes in front of me. "Oh shit... Chris..."

I gotta go, okay? Talk later baby. Be careful.

I slam the door shut, after hearing her say, "alright", and I turn around slowly, meeting the eyes of my half-brother, Chris Angel... He has curly long brown hair, and a short beard. He's wearing jeans and a denim jacket, and he has his white feathered wings out. "Hello, brother." he smirks slyly. "Hi... I'm surprised to see you in hell. What do you want?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"I see you got a girlfriend..." he smiles, raising an eyebrow. "She's not my girlfriend..." I say quietly, turning away. "Pfft. I know she WAS." he says. "I know!" I growl, walking to the window near my bed. "Don't be such a grump." he laughs. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm overreacting." I say sarcastically, looking back at him angrily. "Just been stuck down here in hell for a few centuries, because YOU were the favourite! Stuck here alone, left to rot away forever. Not able to go up to the surface to see the one person I love more than anything in the universe!"

"Why bother coming here and taunting me while I'm down? Huh?!" I ask, wanting to put my fist through a wall, but holding back. "Because, I'm willing to make a deal with you..." he says.

"...What kind of deal?"

"I'll let you go up to the surface for five years at a time," he says. "Wait, really?" I ask in shock.

"But!"

"There it is..." I say quietly, facepalming. "You have to return once every five years, for a week, and if by any chance you leave her..." he says, raising an eyebrow. "You're dead."

My head hurts, and I realise he used the same conditions as the deal I made with her...

"How do you know-"

"Oh, grow up. If you know everything, I know twice as much, little bro." he scoffs, making me ball my hands into fists. He always pisses me off so much, even from when we were kids.

"Wait, wait, wait." I pace around the room, thinking. "This doesn't change the fact that she would do better without me, but then...I could keep watch over her... But then again, we're not actually together- technically- So I couldn't leave her." I say, finally looking up at Chris. "She loves you, and you know it. She needs you. She's broken." he says, putting a hand on his hip.

"You're both suffering, and you might as well go back to her, to stop it all." he says. "But she doesn't need me! I would drag us both down, and if anything comes between us...she'll be crushed..." I say quietly, crying a river inside. "She does need you. Stop being so stubborn. Just go." he says.

"I'M being stubborn, but you married a freakin' fallen angel instead of the girl dad picked out!" I say defensively, even though I know I'll pay for saying that. "DO NOT TALK ABOUT EMILY LIKE THAT!" he screeches, making my ears ring. "Jeez."

"Go back to her? Deal or not?" he asks, folding his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Umm..."