21) Struggles

My heart almost stops beating, and I wrap my arms around Andrew, burying my face in his chest. He seems shocked as well, as he isn't saying anything. "We'll give you a minute." Emily and Chris walk out, shutting the door behind them. An arm wraps around my head and waist, and he rests his head on mine again.

"I-It's okay.." he chokes out, in complete shock. "How can you say that?!" I cry, sobbing into his chest. "We've got Reese trying to kill us, nowhere that's safe to stay, we're not even supposed to be SEEN together, and our baby would be... would be a-"

I choke on my words, and grab fistfuls of his shirt, not daring to lift my head up. "I- I don't want it to be taken away..." I whisper, through tears.

"It's alright, baby, look at me," he lifts my chin up to face him, and looks into my eyes, which have probably gone slightly green, since I've been crying. "We'll be fine." he says, placing a small kiss on my nose, and making me smile.

"But, we're not ready for this. We're not even married yet, so the baby won't be... 'accepted' the way it is... And I don't want that for our child..." I say quietly, holding onto his arms. "It's okay, we've got three months-"

"Wait, three months? It's nine months." I say, giving him a puzzled look. "Yeah... Magix have three-month pregnancies." he explains, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear. "They what?! But I'm not-"

"But I am..." he gives me a small but comforting smile, leaving a kiss on my forehead, and pulling me into his arms. "It'll be fine." he smiles, and I feel a tear drop onto my head. "We're going to be parents..." he whispers, smiling.

*

"Owww..." I toss and turn in discomfort, as I feel nauseous, but I can't throw up. I get off the bed and walk around a bit, checking the clock. 4:28. "You okay, puppy?" Andrew lifts his head up from the pillow, flicking the lamp on. "Nauseous." I mumble, and I stop pacing, and go sit on the end of the bed.

I'm already starting to show a bit, and it's only been a few days. "Come here." he says, beckoning me over. I crawl further up, and he pulls me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist, and resting his head on my shoulder. "Better?" he smiles, leaving soft kisses down my neck. "Mhm..." I nod slightly, leaning back into his arms, and feeling the pull of sleep again.

*

"So, how long does it take before we can find out the sex?" I ask, sitting on the bed with my legs crossed, and eating a bowl of porridge Andrew brought me. "Wait, you do want to, right?"

"Uhh, yeah, I guess we could, if you want to. We can now, actually. It's after a week and a half." he says, looking up from his phone. "Nah, don't worry. It can be a surprise." I smile, finishing my food and popping the bowl on the nightstand.

"So...what are we going to do about all this?" I ask, laying my head on his lap, and looking up at him with innocent eyes. "I don't know, puppy; I still haven't quite wrapped my mind around everything." He says, stroking my forehead. "It's fine. I didn't expect you to." I shrug, fiddling with my fingers. "It's just all a bit sudden, like one day we're running through the forest to escape a fallen angel ex, and the next, we're going to have a little toddler without pants on, running around the house!" he says exasperatedly. I smile at the thought of that. "But it would be OUR little toddler without pants on." I giggle, reaching up and running my fingers through his hair.

He smiles, and asks, "So should we go back to the house on the surface? Which has cribs... Maybe Chris can see into the future..." he thinks. "Yeah, we probably should, but I'm not putting our baby in danger to Reese." I say defensively, putting a hand to my belly. "Okay, okay," he says, stroking my forehead again, and making me smile. "Then we'll just have to take him down."