Chapter Eight

Chatper Eight:

We almost drove out of my driveway when Harry gave me a good look and said I should probably change my clothes.  I looked at myself and jumped out of his car.  I ran back inside and rinsed off my feet before I slipped into my skinny jeans and Black Veil Brides band tee.  I looked in my mirror and decided that a hoodie was needed.  

I jumped into my black converses and grabbed my iPhone.  I texted my father, letting him know I was going out and locked the doors behind me.  Harry and I drove off toward the more rural part of town and talked on the way.  

"Look, you are going to think I'm crazy for saying this," he started.  "But I'm different."

"Well of course you are," I started.  He cut me off before I could say anything else.

"I'm different physically," he said.  I looked him over, nothing seemed wrong.  He was ripped and all his body parts seemed to be in it's proper place.  Harry pulled over into a wooded park's parking lot.  He put the car in park and looked at me.

"What have you noticed about me that's different?" he asked looking at me.  I looked at him and started to say I didn't notice anything.  "No, you have.  Think."

I started to think about our past.  His sharp, white teeth when we met.  His pale skin.  No body heat.  No heartbeat.

"Your sharp teeth?  Your skin and heartbeat?" I asked.  He nodded.  

"Those are what makes it obvious that I'm different," he took a deep breath and continued.  "Bethany, I'm not human.  I haven't been human in 500 years."

"What?" I asked.  I was completely confused.  Was he blowing smoke up my ass or something?

"Bethany, I'm a vampire.  I've been a vampire since 1513.  I was dying after a man attacked me and Zayn found me.  He turned me and I've been this way ever since."

I looked at him with a look of disbelief.  How on earth could Harry be a vampire?  Vampires don't exist.  They only exist in Twilight and Dracula.  Not in real life.  Not in my life.  

"Are you serious?" I asked finally. 

"Yes.  And the red head you saw me with?  I wasn't making out with her.  I was feeding off of her," he continued.  With every word he spoke, I began to believe him less.  

He was nineteen when he was turned.   Harry really had lost his family three years earlier.  His mother and father died of a sickness and his sister passed right after they did.  He lived with his grandparents and started to go out more and get into trouble more.  He started to hook up with prostitutes and took an interest in gambling.  When Harry had gotten himself into an unpayable debt, a man found him and attacked him.

Harry had fought with the man to keep him away, but the man was stronger.  Harry was beaten down and left dying.  As he laid in the alley, he thought of how he wished he could have stayed with his grandparents.  That's when Zayn found him.  Zayn was a freelance vampire and found Harry dying.  Harry begged for him to change him so he could live and finally Zayn agreed.  Zayn turned him and Harry became one of the family members.

Harry lived with Zayn and his mate Victoria for the first two hundred years before Liam and Lana came to the family.  Then Louis and Angel and Niall and Jocelyn.  Harry was left as the only one on his own.  He lived not caring what anyone thought about him or what he did.  He almost left his family to go on his own, but Niall stopped him.  

According to Harry, Niall was the baby of the vampire family.  Niall and Jocelyn showed up about 100 years ago.  Niall had come to England after he had just turned.  He rode on a ship and on the way met Jocelyn.  She was a young girl who was coming to England with her family.  Jocelyn had been abused by her family and when Niall and her met, they fell in love.  Jocelyn had accepted him and decided to become a vampire with him.