Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

Every day after the night terror, Harry always called and wanted to know what I dreamt about.  It always ended up in the same argument.  Harry knew I needed space when it came to this subject and he wasn't respecting it.  He didn't know what it was like to go through what I went through.  He didn't realize that it wasn't something I could talk about.

When I needed to get away from Harry, I hung out with Jax, Lydia, and Brighton.  We usually went to the Goth Club or hung out at each other's houses.  Jax's house was on the other side of town, pretty close to the Goth Club, and we just talked about everything that was going on in our lives.

I found out that Jax was two years older than me and was planning on going to back to school to be a physcial therepist.  I had to admit, it shocked me when he told me that.  From looking at Jax's personality and his room, I figured he would want to be in a rock band.  Not a physical therepist.

Jax's room was painted a dark red color, almost like blood.  He hung up rock band posters all over his walls and had a whole shelf of hard rock music.  The albums were all placed in alphabetical order by artist so it made it easy to find the album.  We usually listened to Asking Alexandria as we talked about our stresses and lives.  

Jax had grown up in an abusive home.  His mom was a heroin addict and his father beat him all his life.  Jax had started to discover his courage and stand up for himself more when he turned twelve.  When his father had punched him in the face, Jax fought back.  Jax threw a right hook at his father and ran out of the house.   Jax ran to his neighbor's house and called the cops.  After that, Jax was sent to his aunt's house and remained there.  

Then he met Crystelle and got interested in the Gothic community.   Crystelle showed him a whole new world when she took him to the Goth Club.  He started to bleach his hair and see the world through darker eyes.  He learned to see beauty in the darkness and how being in the dark, didn't mean not being able to see the light.  Jax wasn't a dark or scary kid, like the stereotypes believed him to be, but instead a normal boy who planned on going back to school to be a physical therepist.  

Most people couldn't see him being a physical therepist, but he got interested in the profession while he was being cared for by his aunt.  After he moved in with her, she took him to a physical therepist so he could function his broken arm again properly.  Jax talked with the therepist and slowly started to like the profession.  Jax decided he would do the job because he felt like he would be able to help someone who was in a lot of pain.  Jax always loved to help someone.  He knew what it was like to not to be able to turn to anyone and never wanted someone else to feel like that.

Jax always helped out people when he was in school.  If he saw someone being bullied or hurt, he would stand up for them or help them with what was hurting them.  Jax often said that if people didn't judge him by his looks when he was in school, he would have been fairly popular.  Most people were afraid of him because of his looks, but would talk to him when they were alone with him.  It got annoying for him after a while. 

Once Jax graduated from school, he partied with Lydia and Brighton and Crystelle at the club.  They hung out there alot and usually stayed there until the early hours of the morning.  Jax slept all day and partied all night.  That was his way of life for a long time.  Once he started to look into the profession of physical therepy again, he started to apply to schools again and partied less.  He only went every other weekend.  He made special trips because I was with Lydia.  

Jax and Lydia knew I wasn't goth by any means.  I may have been a rocker, but not a goth.  I never really got into the whole 'dressing in black and wearking dark eyeliner'.  Jax didn't care if I wasn't a goth.  He didn't judge me any less.  He treated me normal and treated me with equal respect.  Jax quickly grew into one of my closest friends.  We had an event in our lives to bond over and we understood each other's pain.