Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

Suddenly, Jaeson was ripped from my body and I could breathe again. My vision had started to go black so as I blinked my eyes to regain my sight, I heard Jaeson screaming and someone else yelling.

"You bastard!" the deep, raspy voice yelled over and over again. I knew who it was even before I regained my sight: Harry. In a few seconds, the black spots disappeared and my vision was regained. Harry had tackled Jaeson and was pinning him down by his shoulders. At the sight of Harry, I was filled with joy because he had come for me but I was then greeted by despair because now he knew I had lied. I couldn't worry about that now, by the looks of it, he was going to kill Jaeson.

I jumped up and tried to pull Harry off of Jaeson, but he pushed me away. I flew backwards and landed on my butt hard. Pain shot all through my body and I laid on the ground, crumpled and showing a weakness. In my mind, pain was a weakness that should never be shown. I looked back up at Harry and saw him still yelling at Jaeson, fangs exposed and his hands wrapped around Jaeson's neck. Jaeson's eyes shone with pure terror and his face was almost as pale as Harry's.

As I tried to get up again, I saw another vampire walk over to Harry and try to pull him off. This vampire was tattooed as well, but had sharp, defined features. His cheekbones were high and fairly prominent and his nose was tiny and curved. He was wearing a black, v-neck shirt with dark jeans and combat boots. In the area of exposed skin, his chest tattoo shown. All I could make out of the tattoo is "Is What", the rest was cut off from his shirt. He had slight facial hair and his hair was flipped up in the front. His eyes were a brilliant blue.

"Harry! Get off him!" he said. His voice was slightly high, but still manly. Harry pushed the vampire away like Harry had pushed away me, but this vampire caught Harry's arm and yanked on him. Harry got off Jaeson, but his left hand was still clasped around his neck. Jaeson was still squirming to get free of Harry's grip, but his face was starting to turn blue.

"Harry, let go!" I screamed. The vampire looked at me and looked back at Harry with a shocked look on his face. The vampire let go of Harry and backed away slowly, like he had just committed an unforgivable crime. I got up and walked back over to Harry, trying again to break his grasp. This time, Harry moved away from me. I stood where Harry once stood and started to run after him. A pair vampires got to him first.

One vampire was slightly shorter than the other. The short one was blonde and young. From what I could see, he had no tattoos. He was skinny, but was incredibly strong. His tight, black shirt flaunted his muscles and with every pull he made against Harry, they flexed through the shirt. His eyes were a pale blue, almost grey. His eyes shone in the moonlight, making him almost seem like an angel.

The other was taller than the blonde, and had one distinct tattoo. He had four thick arrows on his right arm and he was fairly muscular as well. His hair was brown and cut short. It was short along the sides and then got longer towards the top, making a distinct flip. His eyes were a deep brown, like Zayn's. The two vampires struggled with Harry for a few moments, but got him to release Jaeson and pulled him away. As they turned Harry away from Jaeson, I noticed the brown haired one had another tattoo on his other arm. Something in cursive, but I couldn't make it out.

"Let go of me!" Harry screamed as they pulled him away from Jaeson. They started to push him in my direction and when they looked at me, they gave me the same scared look as the first vampire did. They stopped dead in their tracks with Harry flailing his arms and legs, trying to break free. When the blonde one got slapped in the face by Harry's arm, they moved again. They pulled Harry away from me and drug him to a spot a few feet away from me.

When I looked back at Jaeson, Zayn was standing next to him. Jaeson laid crumpled and gasping on the ground. His face was now blue tinted, but slowly returning to his natural color. Zayn bent down to look at Jaeson and then helped him up. I looked back at Harry, terrified for my life, and saw he was still thrashing like a wild animal. He kept screaming to let him go and for him to kill Jaeson for what he did to me.