Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

"Okay, and you want me to teach you what?" Harry asked as we walked down the hallway of Bridgewood to my next class.  I didn't sleep for the rest of the night after Linsay's call.  I stayed up the rest of the night planning on what I would do to protect myself.  I thought of every option on how to defend myself and came to the ultimate decision that I would need to learn how to fight.

"I want you to teach me how to fight," I said as we dodged kids in the hallway.  Harry leaned against the wall next to the doorway to my next class and gave me a weird look.

"Why do you need to learn how to fight?" he asked.  The secret of Jaeson coming after me wanted to escape from my lips so badly, but it didn't.  I decided to lie.

"I want to know how to protect myself," I replied.

"Well did you forget that your boyfriend is a vampire?  And from what?" 

"Yes, I know you are, but what if you're not with me?  Just in case."

I wasn't going to tell Harry because I needed to do this on my own.  Jaeson was my demon and I needed to face him alone.  Harry would be able to snap Jaeson like a twig with a flick of his wrist if he wanted to.  I knew that Harry would do anything to protect me, but I didn't need protection from this.  I could face Jaeson myself, I just needed to know how to fight.

"Okay, what do you want to learn?  Hand to hand?  Knife?"  he asked as students passed us.  I gave him a look and told him to keep his voice down. 

"Both," I whispered.  "I want to learn both."

He gave me a weird look and said replied with "Okay"  I kissed him goodbye and then walked into my calc class.  Mary Elise and I talked about Harry and how our relationship was going.  Ever since she overheard me and Harry fighting, she always talked asked how we were doing.  

She didn't know about Harry being a vampire, but she knew a fair amount about our relationship.  She still didn't know the whole story about Jaeson, she just knew that I had been raped.  When I told her, she hugged me and apologized that it happened to me.  

She started to notice that I was a little different today.  She asked what was wrong, but I wasn't going to tell anyone about Jaeson coming after me.  I lied and said my brother was sick.  

"What happened?" she asked as she wrote the problem down in her notebook.  

"He got mono and Jailynn called early in the morning to let us know," I lied.  "I ended up staying up all night talking to her."

"Oh," she said.  We spent the rest of the period talking about Jailynn and Alec.  It had been about a month since I last saw Alec.  Last I heard from him, him and Jailynn had started to look for a home big enough for them and the baby.  Mary Elise was always super interested in Alec and Jailynn and their baby.  Sometimes I thought she had a crush on my brother and reminded her that Jailynn was his wife.

We walked out of Calculus together and went to lunch.  We sat in our usual spot next to the window by the doorway and talked about the day.  Lydia had bleached her hair white and had a skull bat clip holding her twisted bangs back.  Charlene had dyed under her hair dark brown and started to do her makeup a little darker.  

We were talking about the calc homework when I felt someone come up behind me and kiss my neck.  I turn and see it's Harry.  I smile and motioned for him to sit down.  Mary Elise smiled warmly at him while Lydia and Charlene look at him questionably.  They were still skeptical about him after Justice and after they heard about our first breakup.

"What's up babe?" he asked sitting down.  He took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.  I gave him a quick squeeze and told him we were talking about our calc homework.  "I have no clue how you girls do that homework."