Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

Harry

 When she walked out the door, I buried my fist into the wall.  The hole in the wall now stared at me with mock, as if to say 'That's all you've got?'.  The anger built up inside me again as I stared the hole down and then I exploded by pushing the the couch halfway across the room.  I yelled out in frustration and abused the furniture in my tiny apartment until my temper had subsided.

How could she do that?  Doesn't she realize the importance of her safety? I thought.  I understood that she needed her space and wanted to go out more often, but she didn't need to put herself in danger.  What if I wasn't there to protect her?  What if she died while I was dealing with Zayn.  

As I continued to take my frustration out on my furniture, I thought how Zayn and Liam and Victoria were part of the reason why my anger was so bad tonight.  When I had gone home to see what they were complaining about this time, it turned into a big fight.

"I don't see why you always go out all the time," Victoria complained.  "No one needs to feed as much as you do."

Victoria was sitting on the couch, twirling her long, curly reddish blonde hair.  Her blue eyes mocking me with every word I tried to use against her.

"I've been under a lot of stress lately, Victoria," I started.  "Especially because of a stupid, little red he-"

"She's got a point, Harry," Liam interjected.  "I feed a lot, and so does Zayn, but we don't feed nearly as much as you do."

I looked at Liam with a deadly stare.  Liam always thought he was right because Zayn favored him the most.  Sometimes I never knew why Liam was the favorite, he wasn't the best at anything other than agreeing with Zayn.  Liam was a follower and would always contradict Louis, Niall and I about what we were doing wrong.

"Harry, we aren't trying to attack you.  We just want to know why you're going out all the time," Zayn said.  I looked at Zayn and saw him staring me down.  His dark eyes were burning holes into my skin and staring into my soul.  For the last couple months, he had given me that look daily.  As if he was trying to figure something out.

"Why does it matter if I go out all the time, Zayn?" I snapped.  "Last time I checked, I didn't need to tell your little bitches where I was going."

"Who are you calling a little bitch, you twat!" Victoria retaliated.  I gave her a death glare again and flipped her the bird.  Zayn walked across the room and stood in front of me.  

"Sit," he said pushing me into the chair behind me.  I landed in the seat with a muffled THUMP and watched Zayn walk to the couch next to me.  

"Why does it matter if I go out all the time?  It's not like we violated a huge law and the Coven is after us," I said.  I felt my stomach churn with the irony of that sentence.

"It usually doesn't matter if you go out all the time, but you're gone for days on end, sometimes weeks.  We don't know where you are going and you're a huge attribute to the Family.  The only reason why we have been alive for as long as we have is because of this Family working together.  When one of us goes rogue for long periods of time, we start to wonder," Zayn said to me.  I looked and wondered why he was giving me this speech.  

I wasn't the one that disappeared for months and acted as if I had never left when I got back.  I was the one that held this Family together when Zayn left with Victoria for some random day.  Did he leave a note or anything?  Nope, just got up and left.  Didn't come back for two months.