Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen:

Jaeson threw his hand over my mouth before I could let out any scream.  He wrapped his other arm around my stomach and pulled me further into the alley.  I tried to bite his hand, but he had thick gloves on.  I tried to elbow him, but he somehow blocked it.  The next thing I knew, I was pinned against a truck and was being handcuffed.  I started to scream, but he quickly gagged me before anyone could hear me.  

Every second of him handcuffing me, I tried to kick him away or even kick him hard enough he would drop to the ground.  Once I hit him in his leg, he laughed sisterly and then kneed me in the spot where my legs met.  I cried out into the gag with pain and started to feel my tears flow down my cheeks.

"Shut up," he said leaning over me and whispering in my ear.  His voice like a snake's, hissing and seductive.  "We have a lot to talk about, baby.  What happened between us was incredible, beautiful and you had to ruin it.  You went and said that I hurt you when we both know that wasn't true.  You wanted it as bad as I did and when you didn't like it, you changed the story."

As he backed away from me, he shoved me into the bed of the truck.  He walked away for a few moments and then returned with a flat, cloth bed cover.  I laid on in the middle of the bed and watched him cover the top of the truck bed with the cloth.  My eyes never left his as he worked on covering me up.  Before he fastened the last corner on, he gave me an evil grin and soon, I was surrounded with darkness.

I laid on my side in the stuffy, dark air for what felt like an eternity with only my thoughts for company.  Questions bounced off the inside of my skull like a racket ball.  Would Harry find me in time?  Will he be too late?  Has he found my phone?  Will I be able to take Jaeson down myself?

Harry's training had taught me how to take down any human, but Harry and I hadn't taken any time to review my skills in a long time.  I was going to be rusty, but didn't have a choice.  I had to do what I needed to do to survive.  I began to replay my fighting technique in my head when Jaeson hit a bump.

From what I felt in the bed, he was driving at a high speed and he was on a gravel road.  With every bump and sharp turn he made, my body was thrown up into the air and then returned to the metal with a hard thump.  As my body was reunited with the cold, hard metal of the bed, I felt my body respond by producing bruises in various places.  

When Jaeson made another sharp turn, my body was thrown against the wall of the bed with an audible crunch.  The pain shot up through my ribs and I fought the painful yell back.  Fuck! I thought.  I attempted to touch my ribs with my elbow and when I did, the pain intensified.  I came to the conclusion that I had definitely broken my ribs.  

As I was trying to figure out how to keep my ribs safe, I felt Jaeson speed the truck up.  For some odd reason, I looked up into the darkness and widened my eyes.  In my mind, I mapped out what would happen next.  If he stopped, I would head butt the front of the bed.  I had to think fast.  

I tried to use my arms and legs to prop myself up and to try to hold myself in place, but Jaeson took another sharp turn.  My body slammed against the side of the truck again, crunching my ribs again.  I stifled back another yell and thought again on what I could do.  I decided to move my body so my feet were against the side where my ribs hit and my arms could be stretched out to the other side.  

With every turn, stop and acceleration Jaeson took, I held on to the side of the truck bed for dear life.  The pain I endured was excruciating, but I made it through.  When Jaeson stopped and parked the truck, I tried to release my grips on the side slowly, but I ended up dropping my body on the bed floor.  The pain from my ribs shot up again and this time I let out a small whimper.  I couldn't let Jaeson hear, he would only mock my pain.