Happy 16th

*1 week later*

I woke up to the loud screeching sound of my obnoxious alarm clock, I rolled out of my bed shoving the stop button at the same time. as I wipe the sleepiness from my eyes I turn around making my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for the day.

As I finish doing my business I slowly stride down the stairs.

I quickly realize my mom and dad are at the bottom with a chocolate cake and a candle that reads happy 16th as they both shout in sync
"Happy 16th birthday Maria and Jake."
"Today is the day sweetie I hope you find him" my mother smiles happily at me as I shyly smile back and reply with a little
"thanks mom".

As my brother comes down the stairs I turn to look at him
"happy birthday" I say quietly
"yup same to you" he reply's

I jog up stairs to get my book bag, my phone and my headphones, and I run back down stairs as I walk out of the door jumping into Jake's car and as every other usual day we head to Jason's house to pick him up and begin our drive to school.

I walk in the door of my school and I quickly walk to my class, hoping not to be seen. as always I'm the first in the room, I slowly walk to the back of the class where my normal seat is.

I get out my homework and turn it in as I open my binder, Mr. hill walks in and I smile to greet him as he does the same, the bell rings and the class fills extremely fast with a ton of other kids.

"Good morning class, let's start our test we have" Mr. Hill announces as he starts passing out a piece of paper.

The first 3 periods after that went by pretty quick and soon after we were on our way to the cafeteria.

I always make sure I'm the last in so I don't have to wait in a big line to get food, as I walk in the double doors I am greeted with the most fascinating scent I have ever smelled in my life, strawberries and vanilla.

I stop to take a big whiff of whatever that delicious smell is, I hear my wolf Samantha whisper so quietly 
"Mate" in my head and my eyes widened so big they could of easily popped out of my head.

I slowly but surly follow where the magnificent smell is coming from just to come to a complete stop right in front of my new mate, bully and of course my soon to be alpha.. dalton.

Scared and nervous, I just walk past him while never breaking eye contact, there's no way that he doesn't know that I am his mate and I refuse to be the first one to start the conversation on the subject.

As lunch is over and the hallways are now clear I hear footsteps coming up quickly from behind me, as I turn to see who it is I am pushed against the locker, the sweet smell of strawberries and vanilla fill my nose which immediately confirms who it is.

As I glance up, I am looking into the eyes of dalton, he is so gorgeous, he has these bright blue eyes and a perfect jaw line with light brown hair

"We do not tell anybody that you are my mate, do you understand?" he said so low it could of easily been mistaken as a low growl.

" O-Okay, I won't tell anybody"
i sadly say as I look down at my feet.

  I soon feel his warm hand cup my chin and gently pull my head up as I feel the sparks fly at his touch and the butterflies begin to roam as he locks his eyes with mine for what felt like ever but then he was gone and the sparks died as I began to crave his touch.

  The next couple of classes went by really slow, but I would occasionally notice that dalton kept staring at me during 5th period, which I kinda found cute and adorable.

After what felt like ever, the last bell rang and we were finally dismissed, as I headed towards the parking lot, I passed dalton and his friends on my way to jakes car, although I never looked up from the ground to look at him, I felt his stare the whole time I was walking his way.

When I get home i walk through the front door of my house just to realize I am home alone, jake just dropped me off and said he was going to some party and to let him know when mom gets home.

I decided that I'm gonna make myself a bowl of cereal and watch my favorite movie when I hear a knock on my front door, I walk over, and open the door to see who it is, when I look out side I am stunned to see a hot looking Dalton standing in front of me.

"Jake just left if that is who you were looking for"
I say with a shy smile, as he looks at me with a smirk on his face
"I'm not here to see jake, I'm here to see you."he said his eyes never leaving my face

"And Whys that? Aren't we supposed to keep the whole mate thing a secret?"
I say with a little to much confidence, he looked at me and his smirk disappeared

"I know man but I can't Maria, I can't seem to stay away from you no matter what I tell myself"
he looked down at our feet breaking eye contact as he said the words that made my heart drop and the butterflies began again.

I open the door further and step aside so he can come in.

he walks in an turns around to look at me, I give him a small smile

"I was just watching a movie, I can make popcorn if you want."

"No that's okay, thank you though". He said while never looking away from me

We sat on the couch and we shared a blanket as we watched the movie till it was over, my mom arrived shortly after 7 and Dalton ran out the back door because as he said, no one is to know about this whole 'mate' thing, not even our parents.

I soon text jake to let him know mom just got here, I ran up to my bathroom and jump into a nice warm shower with the thought of my handsome mate on my mind.