Party

"There's a party tonight, I'd like you to come with me, not as a date just as a friend." Derek said looking over to me while he sat picking at his greasy school lunch cheese pizza.

"Um, we'll ya know, party's aren't really my thing, but thanks for asking" I replied with a reassuring smile.

"Oh okay, well than let me rephrase that sentence... there's a party tonight on 45th street and your coming with me" he told me with a blank face.

"Oh okay, I suppose your forcing me?" I say as I look up from the table

"Yes indeed" he said with a deep chuckle.

We have gotten really close the last couple of days and I have know clue how but he's kinda like my best friend now. I know, weird right.

As school was over me and Derek went to my house so I could get dressed, he was wearing a dark blue muscle shirt with a beanie light blue jeans and his black vans, however I am wearing my converse a purple shirt with my ripped skinny jeans.

As we walk out the door we jump into his black jeep and we head over to the party.

As we arrived a bit late he jumps out and walks over to my door, we head up to where all the people are dancing and parting with the music blasting loud, as we walk to the door I walk close behind Derek as I am very shy, as the door opened wide a really handsome guy that I'm assuming is a senior at our high school smiles widely with his perfectly straight white teeth showing.
"Yo wassup y'all come on in, enjoy" he said as I'm guessing he's tipsy because of the way his words slurred.

I follow Derek to a table on the left side of the dance floor out of the way. As he sits down our things he turns to me

"Can I have this dance, ma lady" he said as he sticks his hand out for me to take,
"No, I don't dance" I say with a laugh, and a swat of his hand. "Alright then " he says as he turns to leave  to go dance, leaving me alone.

I find my way to where the bar is set up, though I have never ever tried any kind of alcoholic beverage i wanted to tonight, I walk up to a guy that turns around to look at me, he has a light blue shirt with blue baggy jeans, dark brown hair a perfect jaw line and shinny white teeth.

"Hey, what can I get for you" he said to me with a perfect smile.
"Uhm, what do you have" I questioned feeling stupid after the words left my mouth,
"well, we have rum, jack Daniels, all wine and fruity drinks" he said as though it's been rehearsed.
"I'll take a shot of rum" I said
"Oh I see we have a dare Devil" he laughed as he raised an eyebrow.

As I took my first shot it stung going down my throat but than easily reached my stomach and it felt relaxing for some odd reason,

"I'll have another"I replied curious about how the next would feel,
"are you sure" he asked me
"Yeah, I'm sure" I reassured him.

After that I had a couple more till I forgot everything. I guess you could say I'm a light weight.
As I'm walking back to the table where I came from, I decide to use the bathroom, I stumble around the corner and stop dead in my tracks as my heart begins to break in two, there it is... in front of my eyes, my whole world shatters in pieces and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Dalton kissing a brown haired girl right in front of my eyes... as I turn around to walk away from the whole heart wrenching situation I hear him say my name, I turn around with tears already rolling down my cheeks unable to stop them.

He began's walking in the direction I am in,
"Why?" Is all I could get out
"I'm sorry, she kissed me"
"Okay.. but you could of stopped her" i realized my words came out all slurry and I looked down at my feet, "I'm sorry, I gotta go" I said as I looked up at him.

I walked home that night, all alone. As I'm walking down a dark alleyway I hear something fall behind me, as I turn around there is nothing there, I start to speed up my paste as i began to feel a little nervous, all of sudden I feel hands grab my shoulder and I try to push them off but It appears I was drunker then I anticipated.

They slam me into a dumpster and I act like they knocked me out.

"Why the fuck did you have to do that to her" a guy with a rough voice said.

"I thought you said you didn't want her to see us" a guy that sounds like he's in his early 20's says sounding somewhat sympathetic.

"Yeah man, meaning put a blind fold on her you idiotic fool" the rough voice guy replied.

As I'm laying on the ground pretending to still be knocked out cold I hear loud footsteps coming from the beginning of the alleyway, "leave her alone right now or I swear to god I will kill you both right here"
Dalton said as he comes running.

"son, give up there's one of you and two of us" the older guy said with a scoff, "Oh you think so" Dalton said with a smirk as I heard more loud footsteps banging against the ground, I heard the older guy whisper 'run' to his younger friend, as they did, "yeah you better beat feet you fucking morons" Dalton said with a laugh, soon after I felt a warm strong hand slide under my head to support my neck and one slide under the increase of my legs as I leaned into his touch he whispered into my ear the three words that tugged at my heart "I'm so sorry" soon after I found myself fall into a deep slumber in the arms of my mate.