Dinner surprise

When I woke up from my nap, I heard a little giggle roar out of daltons chest, as I soon realized my head was on his Torso, I looked up at him as he looked down at me making eye contact
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you" he said with sorrow laced in his voice
"no it's okay, I needed to wake up anyway" I replied with a small smile as I sat up,
"how long did I sleep?" I asked while rubbing my eyes
"about an hour" he answered with his eyes glued to the t.v.

When the movie was over he looked down at me with a gleam in his eye I couldn't quit read.

" you wanna go out to eat?" He asked as he stood up and walked over to his dresser
"um, yeah sure" I said as I got up to put the clothes on i came here wearing, which were the same clothes I went to the party in.

**About an hour later **

"Where are we going" I question looking over at him from the passenger seat of his pick up truck, "You'll see" he smiled and glanced over at me quickly, "come onnnn I don't like surprises" I whined as I slumped in my spot, "oh don't whine my little sunshine" he said as I busted into a fit of laughter earning a deep chuckle from him.

Assuming he more then likely was not coming off of his dinner secret I reached over to turn up the music, prop my feet up on his dash and just enjoy the ride.

"We are here" he said as I turned down the radio, "oh yayyy Waffle House" I gasped as I saw it, " this is my favorite place, how did you know" I asked as I glanced over to him, "just a lucky guess" he said with a smile showing off his perfect teeth.

as we walked in we took a table all the way in the far right corner of the restaurant as a pretty girl that looked to be about our age walked up to us to ask us what we wanted, though she was so fascinated with Dalton she didn't even bother to look in my direction, let alone care about what I wanted, I had to interrupt her flirting to tell her what I wanted which ended up making her give me a harsh look as I gave her a sarcastic innocent smile.

"That girl was so flirting with you" I said as I rolled my eyes, "is someone jealous?" He questioned with a head tilt, "no... why would I ever be jealous?" I asked with a scoff trying to make it sound believable, "oh. I don't know, just the whole eye roll and the look you kept giving her as soon as you realized she was gawking over me, kinda gave it all away sunshine."
I looked at him with my mouth opened just a gap and my eyes squinted a little, "I'm telling you the total honest truth, I am absolutely NOT jealous..." I said looking at my phone, " is that so?" He asked with a eyebrow raised, " yes that's so, end of discussion" I said with confidence.

A few minutes later the girl arrived with our food and put my plate down while smiling at Dalton, "anything else?" She asked with a flirtatious smile
" nope we're good, right baby" he said as he looked at me which earned him a scoff from the waiter standing in front of him
"Okay, well if u do just holler" she said snotty as she walked away.

We hurried up and ate our food in peace as we talked about anything and everything that came to mind.

As Dalton paid for the food we got up and walked out of the restaurant, " now to our next destination" Dalton said with his back toward me, " what do you mean 'next destination'" I asked as I tried to keep up with him, " you'll see sunshine" he said as we got in his truck, his words making me blush.
——

"Alright we're here" he told me as we were pulling into a huge field,
"Huh" I said flabbergasted, like what in the actual fuck are we doing in a field?
"I wanted to take you star gazing" he said with a smile which made me look at him in awe.
" awe oh my god your so adorable"
"I know" he replied with a chuckle " the blankets are in the bed of the truck" he looked over my way then started to exit the vehicle.

As we got in the back and got situated we just laid there holding hands just as we noticed a shooting star we both pointed to it an shouted "SHOOTING STAR" as we both closed our eyes to make a wish we busted out laughing.

On our way home it was a peaceful ride, with the radio up but not to loud we drove to his place which I guess I was staying the night again considering the fact that it was 1:35am "am I staying the night?" I asked breaking the silence between us
"Yeah, if you want"
"Okay Ima call my mom"

*Phone call with mom*

"Hello" my mom answered the phone sounding worried
"Hey mom, sorry I didn't call sooner"
"Oh my god sweat heart where the hell have you been!?" She said sounding relieved to have heard from me
" I went to a friends house, I'm gonna stay the night, I'll be home tomorrow okay"
"Okay baby, be safe."

*end of call*

"That was easy" Dalton said looking surprised that my mom just let me off the hook that easy
"Ha, yeah she's not to over protective of me or Jake"
"Oh, must be nice" he mumbled.

As we arrived at his house we jumped out as he locked his truck and we headed to his room, as soon as we got up there I hit the pillow and with in 2 minutes i was passed out asleep with the one an only Dalton on my mind.