Chapter Eight

Brynn

I woke up in my bed to find no one in here with me.
Where is Ryan?
I look on the bed side table and find a note.

I had some early work to do. Your father called me and so I won't be with you in the morning. I love you. X

I sigh and go to my closet.

"What to wear" I say to myself.

I pick out some light coloured shorts, a long sleeved white top that has designs and some white flats.
I go down to breakfast.

"Good morning to all" I say and yawn.
I did not get enough sleep. I feel like I never do.

"Same. It's like I always need more sleep" Amber states.

"Stop listening to my thoughts" I say.

"Sorry. I don't know that you were thinking about your precious sleep. I beg your pardon." She says sarcastically.

I just roll my eyes and sit in my seat.
I then take a bite out of my waffle.

"So what did my dad call you for." I ask Ryan who sat next to me.

"Umm nothing really" he said. I just let it go but I know that he was hiding something.

We eat while talking about random things.
I found out that my sister loves jewelry and that my mum's favorite hobby was to cook.

"So do you wanna go to the library to find out about the necalace." I ask Ryan and Amber. They nod and we head to the library.

=====================================

"Are you sure you wanna read about it? Last time there were things that frustrated you." Amber says.

I nod. " I need to know more" I say and I flip to the same page.

Many rulers and beings wanted the power and therefore try to destroy it to let the powers free. Little did they know that the necalace slays all that try's to destroy it. Only the owner of the necalace can break the gem.

"That's horrific" Ryan says. We all agree.

"Look here" he says.

The user can bring things out of nowhere and can use it for good and evil. Legend has it that the user will protect all until a war for their life. No one understands what it means however it will be clear when the user is found.

"Does this mean that I will die while using my power?" I ask.

"I don't think so" Amber replies. "You pay attention to others need instead of your own. Even if it means giving someone something you own."

"Let's read on" I say.

The necalace is powerful but there is another one of its kind.
The other ones most powerful magic comes from ice which is the opposite from the earth's necalace (fire). They can detect eachother and glow when near.

"So basically there is another necalace with the evil versions of your powers and ice that can actually challenge your abilities?" Ryan asks.
I am shocked but I nod.