Chapter Nine

Brynn

Brynn

I hear voices but I can't move. I can't talk. I can't do anything.

"She saved me! She might be gone because of me! Don't tell me that everything is going to be okay because it is not! Even if she wakes up, she has lost around 10 years of her life!" I hear Amber scream at someone.

"Amber please at least calm down a bit. Who knows? Maybe she is gonna wake up tomorrow" Ryan's voice says.

"At least I hope so..." he says quietly.

"Can you leave me alone with my sister" Amber asks.

I hear footsteps going out of the room and a hand holds mine.

"I'm sorry I came out of the room. I'm sorry I put you in all of this" she says.

I feel a surge of enery and use it to force my eyes open. I look to see that she is looking at the wall.

"It's all my fault. If I stayed in that room, I would have not been caught by the rouges and you wouldn't have used your powers to save me."

"It's okay" I say, just about loud enough for her to hear.
She looks at.

"It's not okay. I will never forgive myself" she says and looks at the same spot on the wall.
The realisation that I'm awake seems to hit her now as she snaps to my direction and smiles.

"Your awake! Oh my! Thank goodness! We were so worried." She says.

I try to sit up but it feels like my bones weaken under me and I fall to the bed.

Who carried me??

"Ryan did. When he saw you laying on the ground he picked you up and put you on your bed." Amber explains."I'll get them" she says and walks out of the room, soon to be followed by Ryan into the room.

"Brynn! Your awake!" He says.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" he says quietly looking down.

"It's not yo-" I start but he cuts me off.

"But it is! I'm your mate! I should be able to protect you from every danger!" He says raising his voice.
He then realised that he is louder and clears his throat.

"Sorry" he mumbles.

How long have I been out for?

Around 10 minutes but when we found you, your heart wasn't beating so we presumed you had somehow been in a coma.

"Oh..." I say. "That's why you were telling Amber that I might wake up tomorrow. That's why she was blaming herself" I say.

"You heard that?" He said. And I nodded.

I go to sit up and Ryan quickly helps me sit.

"Thanks. My arms weren't going to be able to hold me just yet." I say and smile.