Chapter Five

I ran to the first park I spotted, and sat down on a swing, not even swinging. I looked up at the sky, still crying. "Why did this have to happen to me?" I yelled to the sky. A part of me told me not to question God. "I'm sorry." I muttered, crying.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned around but nothing was there. The touch was still lingering. Was I just touched by the grace of God? The thought sent tears overflowing my eyes again. Or was that my father's touch?

"Chloe?" An all too familiar voice asked.

Maybe if I ignore it, he'll just go away.

"Chloe, I can explain." He said, reaching out to me.

I shook my head, "I don't care what you have to say." So much for ignoring him.

I got out of the swing and ran as fast as I could. The perks of taking track and field. I kept running, until I couldn't hear Harry calling out for me anymore.

I dropped on the ground, putting my elbows on my thighs and my head in my hands. Why? Why would Harry cheat on me? We've only dated for a couple months, this is crazy? Is this really how celebrities act?

"Chloe!" Harry yelled after me. "Chloe!"

I turned around, and ran across the road. "Chloe!" He yelled. The next thing I knew, I was being tackled to the ground.

"What the hell? I gasped, pushing the curly haired boy off of me.

"That car.. almost.. hit.. you." He said, inbetween breaths. I pulled my self off of him. I landed on the end of a pole. I looked down, and the pole punctured my side, bleeding.

"Damn it, Harry." I growled.

"Chloe." He begged. I shook my head and got up.

I was too mad to care that he saved my life. I picked myself up off the ground and walked three blocks. Harry was consistently calling my name. I ignored him. I finally got back to town and got a cab. Harry stood where I stood before I got in. I turned around and watched him as I left. He stood there, doing nothing, but staring back. I turned around and gave the cab driver directions. I paid him and ran into the house.

"Chloe!" My uncle yelled, "Where have you been? Where's Harry? He left us after the concert."

I ignored him and stalked upstairs.

"Chloe!" He yelled.

I walked into my room and slammed the door shut. I jumped on my bed and let it all out again. I heard a knock on the door then Liam's voice. I could really use a friend right now.

"Come in." I croaked. I heard the door open and close and the bed shift. I opened my eyes, and Liam was sitting on my bed, with a glass of milk.

"Hey." He smiled, warmly.

"Hey." I half-smiled.

"I brought you some milk." He replied, handing it to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Are you bleeding?" He panicked. I looked down at my side, sure enough I was bleeding. It looked like the bleeding had stopped, but there was a huge blood stain on my shirt.

"Uh, yeah." I replied, awkwardly. Liam stood up and ran out of the room. Less than a minute later, he ran back in with a first-aid kit. I smiled at him. He pulled out disinfectants and gauzes. He cleaned up my wound, carefully but slowly.

"Want to tell me what happened?" He said, nervously.

"Harry's what happened." I said, sitting the glass on the bed side table.