Chapter Nine

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I gasped, throwing my arms around my best friend, "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Chlo!" She cried. We stood there bawling, by the door.

To anyone else, this scene would be pretty hilarious.

I turned away and faced Harry. "Why didn't you want to tell me that?"

"Because-" He started, but was cut off by Amber.

"I'm going to tour with ya'll until the end of the summer tour!" She squealed, jumping up and down.

My jaw hit the ground. "You're kidding!" I screamed, throwing my arms around my best friend again. I heard Harry chuckle from behind me. 

I pulled away from her and jumped on Harry. I wrapped my legs around his waist and stuck my face in the crook of his neck. "Thank you." I whispered.

He straddled my back, "Anything for my girl." Shivers shot down my spine at those four words, and I refused to chatter my teeth.

Amber cleared her throat, "PDA."

I jumped off of Harry and scoffed, "He's my boyfriend, I can turn him on whenever I want."

"What makes you think I'm turned on?" Harry asked, quirking an eyebrow. I slapped his butt.

"Because you're wearing basketball shorts." I smirked, and walked out the door with Amber. I glanced at him and he was blushing furiously. I felt like patting myself on the back for accomplishment.

"So, where exactly are we going?" She asked.

"I don't know, let's go touring." I shrugged.

"Well, since I've never been to New York, what the hell!" She laughed, throwing her arms up in the air.

I walked out of the hotel and was immediately trampled over by paparazzi and fans.

"Holy crap! Is it always like this?" Amber whispered loudly.

"Yes." I sighed. I grabbed her arm and pulled her through the screaming fans.

"Run." I yelled, bolting down the sidewalk.

"What!" She screamed, running after me. She was running beside me and fans were hot on our heels.

"This is so much fun!" She screamed.

I gave her a weird look. "No it's not!"

We ran around the corner, and caught our breath.

"Best day ever." She huffed. I rolled my eyes, and stood back up.

"There they are!" A girl screamed.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I complained, bolting off in the other direction.

"Wait. Where do I go?" I heard Amber yell behind me. I turned around and instantly regretted it. Fans were surrounding me by the second.

"Chloe Davis!" A pap yelled.

"Is it true you had an affair with Louis Tomlinson?" One asked.

"Is it true you and Harry are getting married?" Another asked.

"Is it true you're pregnant and Niall Horan is the father?" The questions were coming at me like bullets.

"Move. Get out the way." A tough man said, pushing through the crowd.

"Paul!" I screamed at my lifesaver.

"Come with me, Chloe." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Where's Amber!" I yelled over the loud fans.

"What?" He asked, still pushing through the crowd. Flashes of cameras were constantly going off along with the little 'click' sound.

"Amber! She's my best friend!" I yelled louder.

"Which one is she?" He asked, pulling me beside him. I turned around and stared at the crowd. They were growing bigger every second. I heard thunder then felt a raindrop fall on me. I looked up and rain was coming down in buckets of water.

"C'mon Chloe, we have to go now." Paul said, pulling me with him.

"But Amber-" I said.

"No buts, we have to go."

Paul opened a limo for me and I climbed in. I felt like royalty, being dragged into a limo. I looked out the window and read the names of the little boutiques before me.

"Baby, you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell, you don't know-oh-oh," My phone blared. I struggled to get it out of my skinny jeans.

"Uh, hello?" I asked.

"Chloe! Where the hell are you!" Amber yelled.

"I should be asking you that question. I got lost in the crowd, where are you?"

"Hello Chloe!" A rich accent rang through my ears.

"Zayn?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was riding through New York and I saw the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on-" He started but was cut off.

"Shut up Zayn!" Amber yelled in the background.

I could hear her grabbing the phone, "I called Harry asking where you were and he said he thought you were with me. So, he sent Zayn to come find me." She said, annoyed.

"I'm sorry Amber." I apologized.

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault." She laughed. I looked out the window and watched as two rain droplets raced each other.

"Yeah, well I'm at the hotel, see you then." I replied.

"Bye babe." She giggled. I hung up the phone and ran inside with Paul beside me.

 I opened the door to the hotel to find Harry and Niall passed out on the couch with three bags of chips. I laughed and pulled out my iPhone and snapped a picture. I hummed to myself while walking into the kitchen. I pulled out 'Lucky Charms' and some milk. I poured a bowl and grabbed a spoon.

"Liam would really hate you right now." A husky voice whispered in my ear. I jumped, startled.

"Oh, it's just you." I said, throwing my hand over my heart. "You scared me. Geez."

"Sorry." He chuckled, taking the spoon from me, "I say we play a prank on him."

"That's mean, Harry." I said, shaking my head and taking the spoon from him.

"How'd you know what I was going to say?" He asked, grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl.

"Because you had that smirk on your face, and you were staring at the spoon." I said, poking his dimple, "And quit making eye contact with me while you're eating that banana. It's awkward."

He laughed and his dimples showed even more. "You're so cute." He said, before kissing me.

I pulled away, "You taste like banana."

"You don't like bananas?" He asked, pouting.

"Not when they have a salt and vinegar taste to them." I said, scrunching up my face.

"You're so cute when you do that." He smiled at me.

"When I do what?" I asked, taking a spoonful of my cereal.

"Just being you." He said, smiling again.