Chapter Fourteen

Recap:

"What'd you need me for?" I asked, leaning up against the side of the boat. He lunged for me, scaring me.

"Liam-" I started, but it was too late. He planted his lips to mine. My first instinct was to back away, but I was trapped. His kiss was wild. My head was spinning with confusion. I got sucked in and kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hey Chloe- holy shit." A voice yelled. I pushed Liam away from me. "It's not what it looks like."

"Chloe.. Why were you just k-"

"Please Niall, don't say anything." I pleaded. Tears were streaming down my face.

"What's going on?" Harry called.

Niall gave me a look, "Nothing Harry." He called back, not taking his eyes off me. I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest.

Zayn came up from the bathroom at that time, "Whoa. What's wrong?"

I shook my head.

"She.. Fell." Liam stated, bluntly.

"She hurt her ankle." Niall cut in.  I hated lying. I always have. I felt so guilty after I lie. I had to. I didn't want to hurt the ones I loved.

"Ow." I yelped out in pain, falling to the ground.

"I can't. I can't get up." I cried out.

I'm not boasting or anything, but it was believable. Being a young actress paid off. Harry jumped up on deck and a pang of guilt hit me like a two ton weight.

"Chloe!" He yelled, running at me, "are you okay?"

"No." I deadpanned. "It's my ankle."

"It looks fine." He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's doesn't feel fine." I shot back.

"What's all this ruckus?" Louis asked, climbing back into the boat.

"Chloe hurt her ankle." Zayn said, nonchalantly.

I felt like dying. Why couldn't the earth swallow me whole? I don't want to sit here and lie to my boyfriend and his friends. I really need to talk to Liam about this later. I stole a glance at Liam and he was staring at Harry. Sometimes I wonder what the hell goes on in their heads. Like, why the hell did Liam kiss me? He's dating Danielle for pete sakes. Why isn't Harry seeing right through my lie? Why did Niall keep this secret from one of his best friends? I need sleep. I need to lie down and get this all out of my head

. "Let's head back to the hotel." Niall offered.

"Already on it." Louis said, hoping into the drivers seat of the boat.

"And you are sure you are going to be okay?" Harry asked, staring deeply into my eyes.

"Yes, Harry. I'm fine." I fake smiled.

He nodded, "I have to go to an interview. You promise you're okay? I can stay-"

"I have Amber. Harry, I'm fine. Go."

He put his hands up in mock surrender, "I'm going. I'm going. I love you." He said, pecking my lips.

There goes that pang of guilt. "I love you too." I mumbled.

Harry exited the room silently. I turned over and let the tears pour. Why did this have to happen to me? Out of all people, why me? Why did Hal Jordan have to be my uncle? Why did he have to be One Direction's manager?

I laid there crying until my tears ran dry. I heard the door open then close.

"Want to tell me what happened?" Amber's soft voice rang through my ears. I sat up and told her everything that happened. Her facial expressions changed a couple of times until I got to the end.

"So he just kissed you?" She asked, blinking a few times. I nodded. "And you kissed him back?"

I winced, but nodded.

"Niall caught you." She questioned. I nodded.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked, quietly.

"I don't know. Should I?" I asked.

"If I were you, I'd tell him when we get back from Australia." She smiled, halfheartedly.

"Why?" I asked.

"You don't want him to perform depressed? Do you? It'll make Aussies wonder." She said, thinking aloud.

I laid there, thinking of what I should do. Our conversation lapsed into silence for a couple of seconds.

"I'll be right back." She half-smiled. I nodded my head and curled up into a ball. A couple of minutes later, Amber sauntered into the room. I didn't move, I just laid there, trying not to think. But it wasn't working.

"I brought ice cream and a horror movie." She grinned.

"I thought most girls watched chick flicks when they were heartbroken." I sniffled, sitting up in my queen size bed.

"Wouldn't that make you more depressed?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow. I guess she did have a point.

I nodded, "Okay. What movies did you bring?"

*

Three hours, two movies, and one ice cream tub later.. Amber and I passed out on the bed.

"Honey! I'm home!" a voice echoed throughout the house. I flinched in my sleep, dreaming of anything other than reality. I heard the door slam closed, which woke me up. I squinted my eyes open, prepared for the bright light. Instead, it was dark. It's night time already? I'm not used to this time change.

"Didn't mean to wake you." Harry huffed.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked, until sudden realization hit me. I cheated. I, Chloe Danielle Davis cheated on Harry Styles, 1/5 of One Direction. And the worst part, it was with his best friend. I blinked away the tears. It wasn't your fault, Chloe. He kissed you. Not the other way around. Is that still classified as cheating? I mean, I did kiss him back.. What do I do?

Do I tell him?

I could tell Harry was staring at me, although it was dark.

"Harry, I need to talk to you." I mumbled. My heart beat was racing like crazy.

I felt the end of the bed shift. "About what, babe?"

Another pang of guilt. C'mon Chloe, you can do this. Just do it already.

"I-"

"Hold on one sec." Harry said,

"Hello? Seriously Ted, we just got back from one. Okay, whatever. Bye."

I stared at him through the darkness.

"Sorry Chlo, I gotta run. We have another interview." He quickly kissed my cheek and exited the room. I sat there, feeling even more guilty.

"Are you okay?" Amber asked, breaking the silence. I jumped at the sound of her voice. I forgot she was in here.

"I can't do it." I said, shakily.

"Talk to Liam about it, Chlo." She said, softly.

"Why would he have kissed me? He's dating Danielle, right?" I asked, desperately.

"You could've been his rebound girl for the moment." She shrugged.

I slouched up against the wall. The bed was pushed up against the wall, so it made giving myself headaches easier. I repeatedly banged my head against the wall.

"What the hell? What are you doing, Chloe!" Amber yelled, pulling me away from the wall.

"I can't handle this stress." I croaked.