Chapter Seventeen

"Smile, you're beautiful." Adam smiled. Butterflies swarmed in my stomach. What was happening to me?

"I need to get home." I mumbled, standing up. I can't start to like another guy.

"I'll take you home." He offered.

"It's okay. I'll walk." I shrugged.

"I'm not letting a pretty girl like you walk the streets at this time at night." He winked.

I felt my face going red, I awkwardly laughed, "No, you don't have to."

"I insist." He said, sternly.

I put my hands up in mock surrender, "Okay.. well, if you insist."

He grinned and grabbed his keys from behind the counter. The old couple walked out in front of us, hand in hand. It was really sweet. I knew I could never have a love like that. We hopped into a silver Cadillac.

"Where am I taking you, hun?" He asked, turning the ignition on.

"Radisson Hotel." I mumbled.

"Hotel? Okay." He smiled. I didn't understand how he could be so happy-go-lucky all the time. He played, 'Brokenhearted' by Karmin and we sung obnoxiously all the way to the hotel. When we pulled up to the hotel, we just sat there in the car, staring at it.

"I don't want to go." I admitted.

"I don't want you to go." He smiled, sheepishly.

"I had fun, Adam. Thank you for getting my mind off everything." I grinned.

"You're welcome, Chloe." He smiled back.

"Can I get your number?" He asked.

"Sure." I smiled, swapping numbers with him.

He leaned in a little closer than necessary. I sat there, frozen. He went to peck me on the lips, and I quickly turned my head to the side, where he would kiss me on the cheek.

"Thanks again!" I said, awkwardly, closing the door.

I scurried off towards the entrance of the hotel. I bolted towards the elevator, oblivious to my surroundings.

"Wet floor!" A voice yelled. I felt my feet slip from under me. The next thing I knew, I watched my legs fly in the air and I landed flat on my back.

"Oww." I groaned, shutting my eyes tightly.

"Holy crap! Chloe! Are you okay?" A familiar Irish accent rang through my ears.

"C'mere." He said, offering a hand out to me. I gladly took it. I felt the heat go to my cheeks. I was clearly flustered.

Niall started laughing, "That was hilarious!"  

I glared at him. He stopped laughing and turned serious, "Hilariously horrid."

"Nice save." I scoffed.

"Let's go to our suite." He chuckled. He linked arms with me and led me over to the elevator.

"Niall, I know how to get to the elevator."

"I didn't want you to fall again." He smirked.

"Haha. Kiss my ass." I said, sticking out my tongue. I heard someone gasp behind me. I turned around and a mother was glaring at me, covering up her daughter's ears.

"Do you not have any respect?" She snapped. The elevator dinged and I bolted out of it. Niall trudged out of it, doubled over and holding his stomach from laughter.

"Your face." He laughed. I glared at him.

"Sorry." He apologized, standing up straight. I smiled at him and ran off towards our hotel room.

"Honey, I'm home!" I yelled, swinging the door open. Niall followed behind, looking over my shoulder, laughing. The looks on everyone's faces told me something bad happened. I slowly walked in, staring at everyone. Liam.. Zayn.. Louis.. Amber.. Niall's behind me.. Where's Harry?

"Where's Harry?" Niall asked, reading my mind.

"We were hoping you knew." Louis said, gulping.

"He hasn't been here in two days." Zayn said, looking worried. It's been two days?

"Where could he be?" I asked, feeling the tears prick at my eyes. The guys looked at each other.

"We don't know." Liam whispered.

"Have you tried calling him?" I asked, panicking.

"Only a million times." Louis said, putting his head in his hands. I ran into my room, slamming the door. I ran over to where my phone was plugged up.

*5 New Messages 

*12 Missed Calls 

*1 New Voicemail

All of them were from Harry:

1) How could you cheat on me? I don't understand.  

2) I can't believe you did that.  

3) I hate you.  

4) I didn't mean that.  

5) Chloe.. I'm so sorry.

I checked the voicemails

"Chloe.." Harry slurred,  

"Who's Chloe?" A female voice asked in the background.  

The line disconnected. Harry was with another girl? Is that where he is right now? With another  girl again? Did he bang her? Almost like the other girl? He was drinking and he promised he wouldn't do that again as long as we're together. Are we even together anymore?

 Liam kissed me. Not the other way around. So what? I have many guy friends, but when it comes to Harry, he most likely has many girlfriends.

*

"You're insecure.. Don't know what for.." A girl voice screamed. I turned over and flipped off the side of the bed.

"What the-?" I asked, rubbing my head. I stood up and walked into the den. I watched as my best friend jumped around in her pajamas.

"You don't know-ow-ow! You don't know you're beautiful-ul-ul.. That's what makes you beautiful!" She screeched. It was quite a hysterical scene to witness. She sang Harry's part with a deep, horrid voice. I stifled a laugh and watched her try to moon walk.

"Never do that again." I giggled. She turned around, startled.

"Mother of God.. You scared the absolute piss out of me." She threw her hand over her heart. At that time, the door swung open and an exhausted looking Harry waltzed in. Amber and I stood there, watching him walk into my bedroom, shutting the door.

"You need to talk to him." Amber said, seriously.

"What if he doesn't believe me?" I asked.

"If he really loves you, he'll believe you." 

I nodded and trudged over to the door. I knocked lightly on it. I heard fumbling with the door knob and Harry swung it open, glancing at me. As soon as he opened it, he shut it.

"Harry!" I yelled, trying to stop the door from closing, by sticking my foot in the door. That only works in movies. I'm barefoot and I'm pretty sure I just bruised my foot bone.

"Oh my God!" I screamed, jumping up on my left foot, and clutching my right in my hands.

Harry stared at me for a couple of seconds, "Are you okay?"

"Just dandy."

"It looks like it hurts."

"Thank you Captain Obvious."

"You're welcome, Seargant Sarcasm."

"Indeed Comrade Comeback."

"Thank you Senior Smartass."

"Anytime Dictator Dickhead." I smirked.

He tried not to laugh but I could see the faint bit of humor in his eyes.

"Can we talk?" I asked.