STAND BY ME - chapter 02

I woke up suddenly, my alarm clock was searing through my ears. 

5:30 AM. Time to hand in my mission report.

I stretched, thankful for the plenty of sleep I had just gotten. I felt re-energized and just like myself. I looked outside of the window, the beautiful sunlight made me smile.

I got up, made my bed, quickly got ready and ate some breakfast.

Everyone was still asleep, so I tried to be as quiet as possible. I head out the door and walked towards the Hokage's office

---- 30 MINUTES LATER ----

"Hokage-sama, forgive me for handing in this report so late. I returned yesterday evening and could barely walk anymore." I said, bowing down, on my knees, "The mission went as ordered, successfully."

"I'm not disappointed, Aya," Tsunade collected the report, "Good job. Today can be your day off. I do realize I've been overwhelming you with missions, but it's only because I see great potential in you." Tsunade smiled. 

"That's okay, I'm more than happy to. My father is the same, more or less... always saying that it's nice to see one of his own excel." I commented. 

"Very well then, you may be dismissed. Go have some fun." Tsunade gestured to the door. 

I bowed down, and took my leave. 

Walking through Konoha, I looked up towards the sky, in awe of the perfect weather. I had some people wave towards me, saying hi. 

...the face of the Hyuga is finally back..!

... she's as beautiful as ever...!!

I put my head downwards, blushing madly, waving back. Why do they always do this? I don't think I deserve this much flattery. But I have been doing a lot for the village... maintaining peace... I think Hiashi would be proud that I wholeheartedly possess the will of fire.

 "Hold on... a day off? I've been working so much... I don't even know what to do with myself." I muttered under my breath, looking at my hands. "What should I do?" 

Ah! I got it. Let's bask under the sunlight. The weather is so beautiful. 

As I was walking towards a secluded park, I heard soft chatter from a recognizable voice. I looked up ahead. Mikoto Uchiha

She looked so graceful and happy. She glanced at me and smiled, walking towards me. 

Eeeek! Uchiha Itachi's mom!!

"Aya! It was so nice seeing you yesterday." Mikoto said.

"It was nice seeing you and the family as well! It's been so long. You are welcome to our home anytime." I said, bowing slightly out of respect.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something, Aya..." Mikoto said, whispering the last part, grabbing the crook of my arm. We started walking slowly.

I was thrown off. Talk to me about something?

"... Sure. What is it?"

"You're not... with anyone right now, by any chance?" Mikoto asked, her jet-black eyes set onto me.

"With anyone?" I repeated her question. Oh. She means in that way. 

"Oh, uhm, no, I'm not..." I answered, blushing slightly, rubbing the back of my head.

"Ah, okay! Nothing to be ashamed of. You must be so busy." Mikoto responded, with a smile on her face, her hand patting my back softly. "Make sure you get some rest. I'll leave you be." I waved goodbye and walked to the park.