STAND BY ME - chapter 09

"C'mon, Aya!" Kayumi said, knocking on the door. We were about to leave to go back to Konoha.

"Yeah, give me a second! I'm re-wrapping my injuries!" I shouted back. Ugh! I hate to keep people waiting! I kept fumbling with the cloth, it was rigid and fit very tight around my torso.

Shisui couldn't help but laugh at his fiance's impatience."Jeez!"

Itachi sighed, "Give her some time, will you?"
Kayumi glanced at Itachi. "She recuperated well, thanks to you, I'll give you that one." Kayumi replied in a snarky tone, smirking.

Itachi figured what Kayumi implied. Shisui rubbed his forehead looking at his surroundings. Itachi, crossing his arms across his chest, couldn't resist the smile forming onto his face.

"The excitement got to her," Itachi commented, "I can say the same thing about myself." He closed his eyes, smiling.

Shisui pat his friend's back. "Aren't you two just so cute? Now you just gotta let Hiashi-sama know."

Itachi quickly looked at his friend. Kayumi laughed. The soon-to-be married couple knew of Itachi's fear - or rather, how intimidated he felt towards Hiashi, whom was even more stern than his own father, Fugaku.

"You guys just love to make fun of me." Itachi said, smirking.

"Okay! I'm done!" I yelled, I quickly threw my backpack on, and put my shoes on. I opened the door to find my friends outside standing, waiting.

I stood still for a second, and it dawned on me, that the three that stood before me are my friends. My best friends. They were extensions of my soul. A warm feeling spread throughout my chest, and I couldn't resist the tears that were swelling up in my eyes.
I dangled my head downwards, a tear drop made its way down my face.

Itachi stepped forward, almost taken by surprise. "Aya..."
I placed my hand on my heart, and bowed to the three of them.
"I..." I managed to say, "I am so sorry for the trouble I've caused the all of you... Forgive me."

"Nonsense." Itachi stared at Aya.
"Aya! Lift your head back up!" Kayumi said, "This is nothing!"
"It's our duty to protect you." Shisui added.

I wiped my tears. "Ugh! I'm all emotional now!" Sniffling madly, "But guess what?"

"Hm?" Itachi looked at me curiously. I pulled The Scroll outside of my bag.

"I managed to snatch The Scroll from Orochimaru. He must be so mad right now."

Itachi's expression lightened, "You still went out of your way for it."

I nodded happily, "Mhm. A mission's a mission!"

Kayumi and Shisui quickly shared a glance, smiling at each other.
"As expected from you," Shisui said, hands on his hips, "We need to get going now."
Kayumi nodded. "Let's go!"

--- BACK IN KONOHA ---

Knock knock knock.

"Fugaku, do you think this is appropriate?" Mikoto stared at her husband, and in her hands, a freshly baked delicious cake prepared for the Hyuga family.

"We must stop by regardless, I can only imagine the distress they're experiencing right now." Fugaku replied, his eyes closed, arms across his chest.

Footsteps shuffled towards the door, which creaked open.

"Mikoto-sama, Fugaku-sama," Hinata spoke, bowing down out of respect.

"Hinata! Look at you, all grown up," Mikoto said, smiling at the innocent-looking Hyuga, "Are your parents home right now?"