STAND BY ME - chapter 35

I had given birth.

And we held our child, a baby boy, in our arms.

We smiled, laughed, and loved each other.

We grew old together.

Except, something felt very wrong.

You see, Itachi Uchiha was a clever fellow.

He had casted his illusion onto me - his "what it could have been" ideal if he had not murdered his kin in cold blood.

I was trapped in his genjutsu all along. It felt so real, time had certainly stretched into an eternity, I felt like. It lasted nothing but a few seconds.

You, the reader? You must be so confused, so let me explain. The night of the Uchiha massacre.

I returned from a long mission in the middle of the night, and I stumbled into Itachi at the gates.

"What, Itachi?" I gasped. His hands were dripping in blood, and so was his gear. I looked him up and down, and I panicked. "Itachi, let me help you. What's wrong-"
"I don't have time for this, Aya." I felt the tip of his cold blade against my neck. I was sure he would puncture my skin if I had breathed any deeper. I stood still. My eyes were shaking as I looked into his.

His sharingan swirled into it's higher form - the form the Byakugan was not resistant to. And that is when the elaborate genjutsu had begun. My mind and body were whirled into another dimension, a dimension he had complete control over.

Consequently, I collapsed. I fell into a coma for about a month.

I was alive, but part of me wish I wasn't.

I now had to strut in a world that was half missing. My friends were all gone. Shisui. Kayumi. Izumi.

I fizzed awake, looking down to the 13 year old body I had been in. I began shaking uncontrollably. I banged my fists into the bed I was trapped in. It really was a genjutsu, I thought.

"Why, Itachi!" I cried out loud. How could I have fell into his hands so willingly? He played me all along!

"Aya, please calm down!" Tokuma held my wrists down. "Please! I am so glad you're awake! Forget that betrayer!"

"Tokuma." I said his name, I was breathing fast, "Please kill me." I sobbed.

"What?"
"Please kill me. I am begging you. I can't live with this. What he did to me-"
"You're crazy. I'm not killing you. Forget that bastard. I swear to god, if I can get my hands on him-"

"Please!" I shouted. I felt so used by Itachi. So disgusted in myself. I felt worthless.

I was in the comfort of my home now, my worried father sat beside me.

"I didn't mean what I said in the hospital, Father." I muttered.

"I know. What he has put you through is difficult."

I was glad he could sympathize.

"What about Sasuke? He has no parents... he's all alone..." I looked at Hiashi, my lips trembling. I had cried so much I was sure there were no more tears left.

"The third hokage is looking after him." My father frowned. "You should rest." He ruffled my hair, and pulled my blankets up to cover me. He placed a kiss on my forehead, and closed the lights, closing my door gently.

I let my blankets swallow me tonight, and prayed that I would go to sleep well.

Where are you, Itachi? You must have had some reason. I need to find you.

        - Fini

---

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys!
Thank you so much for all your support. This is the end. :)

Read my new fanfic "The Power of the Moon" if you liked this one! A Madara x oc story!
Read it here: https://my.w.tt/hHvTPuSYdY

So, bit of a plot twist in this one... let me know what you think.
I thought of this ending from the very first chapter of this story.
The ending is Izumi inspired. Izumi was killed by a genjutsu Itachi put her under, which the anime did not cover D:

I hope some of you guys aren't angry!! And this story is by no means no where near finished. A next series is coming up!