STAND BY ME - chapter 11

Today was it. Today was Kayumi's special day. Her wedding day. It was nearing noon, and I dropped by her house early in the morning to help out with any last minute preparations.

"You know what's funny Kayumi?" I said as I was dusting her wedding dress, perfecting any little disturbances throughout her outfit.

"What's that?" Kayumi responded, standing infront of her bedroom mirror, fiddling around with her makeup, adding last touches.

"I'm feeling nervous for you!" I truly was. "Where's Shisui right now?"

Kayumi turned to me, "I think at Itachi's house. I told him I didn't want him home for the day, I don't want him seeing me of course..." She played with her dress. I understood, nodding.

"Kayumi, you look stunning. Shisui will be at a loss for words." I sat on her bed, my hand propped onto my cheek, leaning onto it, looking at my friend dreamily.
"He better!" Kayumi smiled, "You look like you have your head in the clouds, Aya!"
"M-me? Well, yeah... my best friend is getting married. I'm pretty excited y'know!"

Kayumi approached me and ruffled my undone hair, both of us laughing.

"You should go back home and get ready, Aya, I'll be off to the reception." Kayumi said, I nodded, collecting my things, left her house and proceeded to walk back home.

---

I took a good look in the mirror at myself. My mother helped me do my hair, and my makeup. I looked so different - my features more pronounced. The kimono clung onto my curves in all of the right pieces - it showcased my frame. My hair was clipped upwards in an elegant bun, some of my locks falling down, framing my face.
At first thought, I almost couldn't believe it was me. I continued to look at myself, a tint of pink appeared onto my cheeks, twirling around in my kimono. I glanced at the clock and it was noon. I hurried downstairs, and grabbed my pair of nude coloured heels.
"Mother, father," Both of my parents were near the door, looking at me happily. I gave my mom and dad a kiss on the forehead.

"Our daughter's all grown up now," My mom commented, smiling, Hiashi nodded. I smiled back, almost too shy to speak. I never usually looked this dressed up.
I wonder what Itachi will think.

And surely, minutes later, the bell rung.
"We'll leave you two be, enjoy your time." My father commented, and I waved goodbye to them, as they left upstairs.
My nerves started to bundle up in my chest, but I took a deep breath.
I opened the door, immediately stunned by the sight in front of me. Words in my brain became all mushed up.
I could tell Itachi was equally just as stunned, his expression for the slightest second looked pleasantly surprised.
"Itachi," I cheekily smiled, "You look great."
Itachi's eyes were fixated onto mine. His jet-black orbs made his gaze much more alluring, hypnotic almost.

He shifted his feet, and broke the momentary silence.

"You look beautiful."

Eeek!!  I gulped, my eyes widening. Did Uchiha just-?! Yes! I was trying my best to not get worked up too much.
"Thank you!" I said, "Let's get going, shall we?"

Itachi stretched out his hand, gesturing for me to hold it. I deeply blushed, I'm just so not used to this. I held onto his hand, and we began walking in unison towards the reception ceremony. The weather was beautiful - perfect timing for the wedding.

"I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable." Itachi said.
"N-no, not at all..." I replied, looking up towards him, "This feels right."
Itachi smiled, my hands intertwined in his. Itachi's hands felt soft and gentle, but with hints of callus. I couldn't deny the fact that I felt so safe around him.