Chapter 3•Flashbacks with the Brat

Edited 5-20-17

Scarlet's POV

I have been wearing the simplest outfits for the whole week. It's Friday and I am so excited to go home for the weekend! Who wouldn't be? I mean, you get to sleep in and never have a reason to get up in the morning. Okay... just kidding, but seriously. Also, you can watch Dan and Phil with no interruptions.

I was walking down the halls when I bumped into a cute looking guy. His hair was messy and blonde, his eyes were astonishing and were a beautiful light blue and his outfit was not that bad. He looked...lost.

"Hi...do you need help?" I asked him while I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I was trying to play it cool, but my heart was beating fast and my stomach was full of butterflies. I didn't want to be rude by asking that, but he looked nervous.

"Y-Yeah actually, I was trying to find Room 103 because I have science. Could you help me find it?" His voice was deep and mature while he still had a baby face. His Irish accent made him that much more attractive.

"Mmm sure," I said looking down at his schedule with a puzzled look. "I have science this period as well." I reassured him as I smiled and he replied to me by a chuckle.
___________________________

We got to the classroom and we were the only ones there. I was confused because it was almost 8:00 which is the time when we start attendance, but I didn't think that everyone was going to be late. I walked to an empty desk and sat down my binder and books while taking out my phone. I sat at the desk looking through my phone when I got a tap on the shoulder.

"Umm.. my name is Niall by the way, I just wanted to tell you so that maybe we could be friends or something. Plus, I met you in an unwanted fashion-" he trailed off when I heard ugly crying. I turned my head to look and there were 3 blonde girls coming into the door.

Their voices were inaudible, but the one in the middle was crying into her hands. Her "friends" were patting her back comfortingly. She looked hurt and confused so I got up and went over to ask her what's wrong. A friendly gesture, you could say.

"Excuse me, what's wrong?" I asked. I bounced on my toes while placing my hands behind my back. To show that I wasn't make fun of her, I gave her a wide smile.

"Excuse me, what's wrong?" she mocked. She laughed a hideous laugh and twirled her hair. "Is there somewhere you need to be, freak?" She scoffed.

"Umm.. I was just trying to he-" I was rudely interrupted when she cut me off.

"Ahem, move along troll, my boyfriend just broke up with me and I have no idea who you are... so leave." She swatted the air and held her nose.

Maybe if she looked in the mirror and saw how caked her face was with makeup, how her outfit was too revealing, and how much of an attitude she actually had, then maybe she wouldn't be so rude to me.

I glanced at her and then hung my head. I had accepted defeat by the "Queen Bee". Of course, even a walking Barbie doll can make me hate myself.
___________________________

Later in the day, I was heading to lunch. Of course, my favorite time of day... the only favorite thing of my day. I found a note at my locker that read:

Hey...Friend

Since I don't have many friends, can you sit with me at lunch? You know what I look like.

-Niall :)

Awww, that was adorable. I giggled and kept admiring how perfect his handwriting was. I folded the note back up again before placing it in my locker. When I looked around the room to find him sitting down, I spotted him and his blue button up shirt. I slowly made my way over to the line for lunch and got a burger. After paying and kindly thanking the lunch lady, I sat across from him. When I picked up my burger, someone snatched it out of my hand. I looked over and saw the thief.

Ryder.

COME ON! He stole my pencil and now he is stealing food. This isn't cool, dude. I reached over and snatched my burger. I watched Niall trying to keep his laughing in by biting his lip and it made me want to slap him. Hormones.

I was finishing my burger when my attention was turned towards someone yelling. I looked over and saw...

...Ryder... and the blonde brat...

She was yelling things I couldn't understand, but I caught on to words like "jerk" and "annoying". All I did was laugh because she was yelling and cursing at him while he just looked like a brick wall. He had no emotion and her yelling didn't phase him.

Niall was almost crying and I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. I looked at him and high-fived him. I had no idea of what was so wrong with the girl and Ryder, but I knew was that he was bored with the "conversation."

After a couple minutes of her crying and yelling at Ryder. She looked at me like she was going to strangle me. Her face was bright red and her hands were balled into a fist. She slowly walked over to me and started yelling at me. Her stance was frightening and I wouldn't be surprised if she she tackled me right here.

"YOU LITTLE RED-HEADED NERD COME INTO THIS SCHOOL AND THINK THAT YOU CAN STEAL MY MAN. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHERE YOU CAME FROM, BUT YOU YOU NEED TO BACK OFF!" She brought her hand up and I felt a stinging pain on my cheek.

I grabbed my cheek in pain and fell onto the floor.

Flashback

The wood floor was cold on my bare feet as I walked into the house. I saw my dad hovered over my mom, hitting, punching, choking, and slapping. I couldn't do anything. The violent words that he used were making my head throb. I looked at my mom as she bled out and I slowly began to cry. The tears felt like hot water being poured onto my cheeks. I couldn't move or talk. All I could do was watch.

Flashback Over

"Are you okay?" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ryder kneeling with sadness and hurt swirling in his eyes.

"N.." I tried to stutter or possibly say something, but the words were trapped. At this time I felt like how my mom had felt when my dad had killed her. The memories made my chest hurt. I stood up and brushed myself off. Just like my strong mom should've done. I looked into Ryder's eyes and then left the school.
___________________________

So! Third chapter is up!! Omg ;) this chapter is so sad and also great because of Niall😂

This chapter has 1203 words!!

I hope you enjoyed:)

Aloha!
-Mai!