Chapter 20• Don't leave me

Edited 5-20-17

Hey guys! Another chapter :) here we go. love you and hope you enjoy it! Don't hate me!! Turn on the song when I tell you :)
__________________________
Scarlet's POV

After a couple of weeks, and a couple more dates, I was really comfortable with this new school. It had a lot of opportunities that helped me become more successful. Days went by fast and it was already December. It had snowed and melted all in one day, yesterday.

Today marked the 14th of December!Almost Christmas! I am so excited for Christmas. I just want to hang out with my two boys. Ryder and Sam.

I think Sam broke up with Jessica, which is a first because she has never been dumped before. He has just been in his room the past couple days. I can't believe what's he going through. After all, I have never dated someone before Ryder.

Speaking of Ryder, he had been training the past couple days. He took me to an abandoned barn and inside was exercise equipment. He punched the bag until his hands wet stiff and cramped. He looked rough and every time I asked him what's wrong, he would just shrug. I could tell he was hiding something. 

Right now I was eating a taco. My brother makes the best tacos no matter what you think. I have always wanted him to make his famous tacos. He was so perfect and I wonder who's gene I got that made me clumsy and shy.

I finished my taco and watched all of the Fast and Furious movies from beginning to end with my brother. He would get so hyped when they raced. Those movies got me so motivated.

Ryder was being shady, but called me earlier and asked me if I wanted to go with him somewhere. I didn't question it since I probably wouldn't get an answer. He told me that on the 15th that I needed to pack a bag with a lot of clothes. I assumed we were going on a trip.

I told my brother that I was going to bed at 10:30. I kissed him on the cheek and ran upstairs. I packed multiple outfits in case we did something fun. I showered and braided my hair so it would be curly. I packed everything I needed for the trip then went to bed.

We weren't going on a trip.

It was now the 15th. I was picked up a couple minutes ago. He was speeding. Multiple times I told him to slow down. He was going 100 on a 60 mph highway. Every time I placed my hand on his bicep, he would calm down. I realized this after a while so I rested my hand on his arm. After that, he drove 60. I was relieved. I didn't want to die.

I played on my phone most of the time during his driving. We turned on Roses by Shawn Mendes and he sang along. I was surprised because he didn't seem like the person to listen to Shawn Mendes. (Turn on song)

When I took my hand off of his hand, he placed his hand on my thigh and he took a deep breath.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "You need to talk about something, I can tell something's bothering you"

And again he shrugged.

"Ryder, please" I pleaded. "Just tell me!"

"We aren't going on a trip," he mumbled.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously. All this time, I thought we were having time alone.

"Going to the biggest and scariest thing you will ever go to," he looked at me. He turned his eyes back to road and squeezed my leg.

"Where?" I nervously asked. "Are you a psychopath?" I joked.

"Maybe," he smirked.

"Where are we going?" I intertwined my fingers with his.

"A street race, with men" he growled. "You won't leave my side, until I race."

I was confused. That didn't seem like that big of a deal! If anything, I was excited! "That's awesome!"

"No it's not," he laughed.

"You're right, it's amazing!" I giggled.

"Stop saying that," he said seriously.

"Why?" I asked. I punched him playfully in the shoulder.

"You know what?" He jerked his hand away from mine. "I'm taking you back home because I don't want you to having a panic attack." He placed both his hands on the steering wheel.

"You think I am going to freak out?" I asked while crossing my arms and raising my right brow.

"Yeah, when we get there!" He shouted.

"Don't yell at me," I said trough gritted teeth.

"Don't be stupid, then!" He looked over at me and squinted his eyes.

He hurt my feelings. "You just hurt my feelings." I felt the tears start to collect in my eyes.

"I didn't mean it like that" he squeezed the steering wheel.

A tear fell from my eye as I watched it fall onto my phone. I looked out the window and continued to cry. Biting my lip, I tried to stop my sobs.

"Beautiful, I didn't mean it" he apologized.

"If you didn't mean it, then why did you say it?" I asked. I was frustrated now.

Driving off to the side of the road, he unhooked his seatbelt and got out of the car. Not knowing what he was doing, I took off my seatbelt. Was he peeing in the forest?

Suddenly, the door opened and I was scooped out from the seat. Thank god it was Ryder, otherwise I would've screamed and kicked. He took me to behind the car and opened the trunk. Inside was Panic at the Disco merch. Every. Single. Kind. Of. Clothing! I looked at him and smiled.

"Oh my god" I gasped and covered my mouth. My body collapsed and I cried happy tears.

He shut the trunk in a panic and leaned down. "Are you okay?" He repeated this over and over until I was done with my moment.

"I have never felt so appreciated" I captured his lips with mine as I flung my arms around his neck. Even in this moment of laying on the highway making out, I was truly falling in love with Ryder. Oh boy!
__________________________
This chapter is 1050 words!

Ciao
-Mai