Chapter 5• Make Me Suffer Through the Pain

Edited 5-20-17

(Play the song whenever you like)

This chapter is the POV of Ryder in Chapter 3•Flashbacks with the Brat. Thank you and don't forget to vote and comment <3
__________________________
Ryder's POV

I remembered back to the hug with Scarlet. It had felt good to be in someone's arms for once. I haven't had that since the accident. Ever since that day, I have been drinking, smoking, sleeping with girls, and having the reputation of a "bad boy". I'm changing, yet I only feel safe when I break people hearts like my parents did to me. The day haunts me and I don't go a day or night without remembering.

I stood outside pondering about the things that make my life so messed up. I think of my heartless parents. I think of my problems with alcohol and tobacco. I think of my foster parents. I think of her. She is the one thing that keeps me down. She is the one person that I have to get away from. That's what I am going to do. Not without a scene.
__________________________

I get to school and step off of my motorcycle. My "baby" that provides rides in the middle of the night when I am depressed and can't sleep. I take off my helmet and place it in the box on the back. I fix my leather jacket and run my fingers through my hair and remember that today is the day that I change.

No more breaking into other people yards for parties, no more times to be reckless and careless. I have nothing to loose.

I go straight towards my target, Jessica. I grab her by the waist. I kiss her cheek and pull her towards to hallway- away from her stupid fake friends. Jessica is like the troll of the school, yet she tries too hard to be popular. This was an act and it had always been an act. You don't become popular by awards, education, or work here, you get popular by how many people you can make drool by swinging your hips a little when you walk. Stereotypes make me want to hit my head on a wall. You see the "jock" or "bad boy" of the school and automatically assume that they have to be with the "Queen Bee" of the school. So that's what happened. Jessica was never a real "girlfriend". She a fake and I knew she had cheated on me before. I am friends with the guys that she has hooked up with. It didn't bother me as long as she was still my "girlfriend" because then I could get attention. The only thing I wanted was to get to the people, not the girl. I'd rather kiss a frog then kiss Jessica. The only reason she sleeps around is to get under my skin. It's getting kind of old.

"Hey baby, what do you want today?" She said smirking.

"Umm.. about that-" I scratched the back of my neck and looked around.

"What? Am I not good enough for you? Is there another girl because I will cut a-" she was cut off when I said.

"I am breaking up with you." I said with no emotion. After I said it, weight had been lifted off my chest and I couldn't describe the incredible feeling inside. It was magnificent. Too many big words Ryder. Keep it cool, calm, coll-

"WHAT," she turned bright red and got close to my face "YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!"

"I kind of did.." I could hear people snicker behind me.

"You will regret this Ryder Isaac," she grabbed my shirt and brought her face close to mine. She got really close to my face that I thought that I might pass out- how could I kiss that nasty mouth that smells like trash "and I will make you suffer through the pain," she continued.

She walked away towards the science room. Well, that was easy. She can't do anything to make me "suffer through the pain." Besides, my parents are rich and could sue her and her fake lips injections. Who does she think she is?
__________________________

After all the dreadful classes were over, I went to lunch. I didn't want to buy a lunch. There's no point of buying a lunch when you could just steal someone's food. I know just who to steal from.

I walked over to Scarlet and watched her pick her burger up. She was talking to another guy. My hands were formed into a fist when I looked down and saw them. I needed to calm down before I actually rip someone's head off. He is probably just a friend. I sat on the table next to her and watched her bring her burger up to her mouth. I needed to time it perfectly. I grabbed the burger right as it touched her lips and watched her be extremely confused.

She looked over at me and glared. If looks could kill, I would be 6 feet under. She reached over and grabbed  my burger. I watched the blonde kid  trying to keep his laughing in by biting his lip and it made me want to punch him. Anger.

A couple minutes later, Jessica dragged me over to the middle of the cafeteria. Everyone was silent. I was just staring at her, focusing on how her nose scrunched when she talked. She was yelling things I didn't really care about, but I caught on to words like "jerk" and "annoying". All I did was look like a brick wall. I had no emotion and her yelling didn't phase me. Inside, I was laughing waiting for her to be done because I was bored by this conversation.

After a couple more minutes that seemed like an hour of her crying and yelling at me, she looked at Scarlet like she was going to strangle her. Her face was bright red and her hands were balled into a fist. She slowly walked over to her and started yelling at her. All I could see was her back, but her stance was terrifying and I wouldn't be surprised if she tackled her right here, right now.

I could hear her yell, "YOU LITTLE RED-HEADED NERD COME INTO THIS SCHOOL AND THINK THAT YOU CAN STEAL MY MAN, I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHERE YOU CAME FROM BUT YOU YOU NEED TO BACK OFF!" She brought her hand up to Scarlet's cheek and I could hear the smack from across the room. Everyone gasped.

I watched as Scarlet grabbed her cheek in pain and fell onto the floor.

I ran over to her and I kneeled in front of her watching her cry. This was because of me. Enough of the reasons why it's my fault. It reminded me of my mom and dad. Just because Jessica didn't have a reason to slap me, she had to slap her. Classic Jessica. My hands balled into fist. I was about to punch somebody. She didn't deserve this. Why didn't Jessica just slap me? Why did Jessica have to slap her? What did she ever do to her? I don't even like her, she is a nerd and liking her would be ruin my reputation. I can't let that happen. None of this should've happened. My mistake, like always.

Are you okay?" I slowly watched her open her eyes. I was feeling sorry for her.

"N.." She tried to stutter or possibly say something, but her words were trapped. She stood up and brushed herself off as well as wiping her tears off of her red face. She looked down to look into my eyes and nodded. I felt like she talked to me through emotion. I looked into her eyes one last time before clearing my throat. I stood up to watched her leave the school doors.
___________________________
So! Chapter 5 is up:)) I never really know what to say during these things because you're really only here for the read, but y'know.

Please tell me if you like it: comment:)

All rights reserved to my characters and my text. If you do happen to steal my piece, there will be consequences. Please ask if you want to include one of my characters into your story and give me full credit for the names or personality. Thank you.

OH MY JOSH DUN 😊
This chapter is 1411 words long!!

Ciao
-Mai <3