S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 3

"Jesus!" I breathed as my back collided with my locker and my eyes slipped shut for a second, letting the relief soak into my skin, "I knew that today was going to suck."

My lips pursed as I awaited Julian's probing questions but I quirked a brow when I saw that he wasn't even paying attention in the slightest; something outrageously out of character, not that I would ever complain. 

His sparkling indigo eyes were trained on something ahead of us, churning with an emotion that I'd never seen in them before.

"What is everyone clucking about?" I muttered noticing the whispering that passed through my ears like white noise and I nudged Julian.

He jolted in surprise and turned to me with a slight flush of red in his face."Sheesh, are you okay? You look even worse than before." He instantly muttered.

I swatted his hands that moved towards my sweaty forehead and shrugged, "I'm fine, what's making you all starry eyed?" I taunted stretching up onto my toes to gain a better view and he snorted.

"First of all; Julian Quake does not get starry eyed." Julian began leaning against my locker with a smirk and he eyed me curiously, "Secondly; are you blind or did you not see the hot new chick?"

Of course, it was a girl, I rolled my eyes at how obvious that was. The traditional school bell made its infamous clunking noise then proceeded to shrill through the air with the impact of a cannon ball crashing through a glass house, momentarily destroying everyone's eardrums in the process. 

I have no idea why no one had fixed it yet, or why someone hadn't stolen it.

"What happened between you and Sherry?" I asked trying to keep the disdain out of my voice but by the look Julian gave me, I guess I failed. It was no secret that Sherry and I never got on; she never really did like me, and the feeling was mutual, "She was driving me crazy." Jules admitted reluctantly.

Humph! I totally told him that she would, Sherry was always surrounded in this awful shade of green tinged with a dark red that reeked of jealously and envy. 

Both colors mixed together always made for bad news, and I didn't need my super-weird aura seeing eyes to tell me that about Sherry Blinder's. She had always been possessive towards Julian, and she had always hated me for being around.

"Told you so." I blurted with a shrug and Julian whipped his head around to glower at me with a smile, "You couldn't even wait a minute to say it?" He demanded with a shocked shake of his head. All I could do was shrug a simple shoulder, "I waited fourteen months." I muttered under my breath and he elbowed me.

No wonder, the dreaded ex wasn't even standing that far away from us. Huddled safely in her flock of minions that flitted around her like moths to the light, ridiculously cooing over her outfit and inflating her already impressively large ego even more with meaningless compliments. Sherry stared at me from the middle of it all through a narrowed gaze filled with intense hatred.

And if I gave a damn, the fear would be present.

"Well, as much as I love a good death stare." Julian began with a snort, "The bell is ringing and I need to find a way to make Sherry not make our lives a complete misery for the next week. Catch you later."

Normally, the days here were long, hot, and boring. I would spend my time volunteering in the school library because it was the only place where I didn't have to listen to the incessant babbling that filled all the school corridor. with gossip.

And today it was almost insufferable because apparently, the new kids, who everyone totally didn't want here in the first place, looked like runway models.