S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 25

"We need to talk." 

A scream erupted from me like a banshee call and I rocked back so hard that I rolled hard off my bed, colliding with the floor with a painful thud. Lennox sighed like I was being a pain and walked around to me with a serious expression on her face, amusement twinkling in her eyes.

"What are you doing here!?" I cried out in shock, slapping my hair away from my face. My god, how could she even be dressed? No one should be awake right now. It wasn't even five yet!

Lennox sighed heavily as she slumped down on my bed, "Sherry has the Sight. I foresaw it, but, some of my vision was cut off so I need to ask; did you body jump last night?" She asked with narrowed eyes. I blinked at her in amazement, was she being serious right now?

"This couldn't wait until tomorrow?" I groaned rubbing the sleep from my eyes and Lennox rolled her eyes at me, clearly waiting for me to answer the damn question, "Okay. I did...why?"

Lennox closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, it was only then that a throat cleared; disturbing the silence like a cannon going off in the dead of night. Braedon was slumped down in my desk chair with his eyes half shut and slowly dozing off, barely able to keep his eyes open.

"Damn." Lennox muttered with a slow shake of her head, a realization dawned in her bright eyes and made her appear more awake than humanly possible, "I can't foresee when you're body jumping."

A pathetic whine escaped me and I climbed back onto my bed, "I can't do this. I can't be friends with you if you're going to show up in my room at the crack of dawn, Lennox." I groaned burying myself back under my comforter.

"Adriana?"

My dad pushed the door open abruptly stumbling in with his eyes barely open, squinting through the barely lit room, "I heard voices. Why are people here?" He grumbled, I pieced together barely comprehensive words into a sentence.

I was used to his morning language; it took skill and time to be fluent in it though. I waved him away, "Go back to bed dad, it's nothing." I assured him curling back onto my side, even though Lennox was sat on the side of my bed.

"Okay." Dad nodded submissively and peered again a little, "I'm gonna shoot that bird one day, Ade."

With that been said, my dad calmly turned on his heels and zombie walked back to his bedroom. It was marvelous how easy it was to convince him to do stuff when he was tired; I was just grateful that he wasn't aware of the guy who wasn't Julian in my room. He wouldn't care who Braedon was; if it's a guy then it shouldn't be in my room.

"You mind if I crash here?" Braedon murmured from my leather seat with a deep sigh, "She woke me up, and tricked me into driving her here."

Lennox didn't look regretful in the slightest and instead slipped off the knee-high boots she wore, and invited herself to lie down alongside me, "I told him he was late for class. Works like a charm every time!" She mused not even looking like she lost a wink of sleep.

"Why are you so awake?" I grumbled burying my face into my pillow with a deep sigh of exhaustion. I didn't even care if Lennox fell asleep beside me, "I don't sleep much. Too much goes on inside my head." Lennox admitted in a quiet voice, maybe it was quiet so she wouldn't disturb me.

Or maybe it was something else but I wasn't going to question it.

"Is it a problem that Sherry knows?" I asked barely awake now. I could hear Braedon snoring lightly in my chair, wiped out clean and I wished that I could do the same but I was just too aware of Lennox in my room and I didn't want to be rude, and fall asleep on her.