S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 16

"Open your eyes."

I gasped in mixed shock and amazement, hardly believing what I was seeing in front of me. Bobbing in the slow waves of the crystal-like water in front of us was a small wooden boat, that looked like it had jumped right out of the pages of a cute child's storybook.

"What the hell?" I gawked before I could stop myself. I shoved myself forward with my eyes scrunched in amazement at the boat that literally came out of nowhere, "Is it real?"

Cedric watched me in amusement whilst my face contorted into that of which could resemble a clueless monkey, "It's real." He grinned reclining back onto his elbows and he lifted his chin, "You can even touch it, if you so desired."

"I totally do." I muttered crawling forward and stepping back into the water, pleased to find that it had stayed warm against my skin.

I trailed my fingers along the blue painted rim, looking how vintage the painted planks looked. Part of me was surprised by the style and I turned my head to Cedric, who watched me in content, "What? Was there a shortage in speedboats?" I grinned jokingly.

He shrugged a bare shoulder and suddenly all I could think of was his glistening body, those pecs had to have been sculpted by a timeless artist. Cedric looked as good out of water as he did in, it was like he was glowing and drawing me towards him like a beacon.

"Enjoying the view?" He grinned making my face flush and I rolled my eyes as I turned my attention back to the boat, "Come on, I was enjoying the heat of your stare!"

Muttering under my breath, I turned before he could see my roasted red face. I probably looked like a lobster ready for the pot, "I wasn't staring!" I muttered still in shock at what I was seeing, "How'd you do it?"

"It's my ability." I didn't even notice that Cedric had moved until I felt the warmth of his body against my back, making me shiver a little as the water seemed to cool around my body, "I can manifest stuff."

Inhaling sharply, I clenched my eyes shut as I composed myself in attempt to not feel like a hormonal pubescent child, "What?" I blurted, clueless as to anything coming out of that perfect mouth.

"I can manifest physical objects out of nothing." Cedric explained slowly, each word emphasized as he inched closer to me. I wasn't certain of whether I was panting or not but I done my best to even out my breath, "Anything?" I repeated with raised brows and he grinned at me, like I'd fallen into his trap.

Resting on arm along the rim of the boat, he held out his hand towards me with his palm facing up. I thought for a second that he might have wanted me to take it, when he suddenly snapped it shut and winked. He cocked his head a little, letting the light dance in his eyes and I tried not to smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a nervous chuckle and Cedric sighed thoughtfully, "Trying to figure you out." he drawled with a click of his teeth.

I liked the way Cedric was looking at me, no one else ever had. The sunlight caught his eyes in a hazy pool of melted topaz with warm streaks of honey that made them impossibly swoon worthy, the kind of eyes you'd imagine the savior in a princess story to have; kind but daunting.

"Good luck." I laughed slightly making a weird face at his seemingly normally hand, tightened into a fist. I'm not sure what I expected but this felt too...ordinary, "Even I haven't figured myself out yet."

The way his lips curled into a smirk made it known that Cedric was done. I scoffed when he wiggled his dark brows in anticipation as he slowly unfolded his fingers, my eyes dropped down and I audibly gasped in astonishment. Wondering for a second whether I should be impressed or if I should start to swim.