S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 27

"I look good."

Lennox admired herself in front of her full-length mirror with a gaze of approval as she ran her hands over the front of her metallic black romper. It astonished me how Lennox could look so effortlessly gorgeous in anything; she tried on at least six different outfits before she settled.

Six.

"So, are you and Braedon a thing?" I asked watching her weave rich copper waves into her hair using a curling iron. Lennox flicked back a lock and shrugged a slender shoulder, "A thing? I don't think so." She replied ominously, avoiding my gaze in the mirror.

Tonight, everyone planned to go to Abstract,  and everyone was excited for it except me. I just couldn't shake the bad feeling that loomed over my head, like a warning sign that something was going to go wrong.

"I see the way he looks at you." I commented softly, wondering if Lennox ever noticed herself. It's not to say that she didn't care but because Lennox was always so...aware of everything, but Braedon, and it made me wonder why, "Braedon is good looking; you obviously care about him."

I leaned against the post of her bed, only Lennox would have the full she-bang canopy bed that looked as if it came from some sort of glamour magazine you'd expect to see a feature of Marylin Monroe in. I kind of digged the whole glitz and class 1920's fashion scene she had going on in her room.

"It's complicated." Lennox finally admitted, stepping away from her reflection and turning to me with pursed lips, "After the shit show that was Cedric and Dillon; excuse me if I find a relationship with Braedon to be somewhat of a fire hazard."

My interest peaked at the mention of Dillon and Cedric's relationship but it only made the churning in my stomach worsen, "Was it that bad?" I asked putting down the pen I had been using to line my eyes and paying attention.

"Chaotic. One minute they were Bonnie and Clyde, the next it was Sid and Nancy." Lennox stated with a shake of her head and she sat down on the velvet cushioned bench to her vanity beside me, "They're just too different but I doubt Dillon ever really got over him; but that's not my story to tell, hon."

Lennox looked sad talking about it and I squeezed her hand tightly, "You're not Dillon." I assured her in a calm voice, "And Braedon's not Cedric, but, until you figure that out it's better if you wait."

I was no romance guru, so I had no idea what to say other than that. The only experience I had was all from ridiculous romance movies I had sat through with Calla; the ones when the girls rush into things and then get hurt in the end from their own stupidity.

But I had a feeling Lennox knew better than that.

"Not bad advice, for an island girl." Lennox smirked at me with an appreciative nod, "Well, at least the moron finally found someone with half a brain."

I scoffed at Lennox but felt a blush rise in my cheeks, "Thanks, I think." I smiled setting down the flat iron and she smiled at me proudly, "You're welcome, friend." She chirped running her fingers through the tips of my hair.

Lennox literally dragged me away from my dinner table to come get ready at her house for tonight, and told my dad that it was for an emergency sleepover. She must have known that he knew better than to ask about anything girl related because he let it slide right by.

I could be abducted right in front of him but if it were by women, he wouldn't ask because he'd be too scared to ask why.

"Does this look okay?" I asked again, stealing Lennox's place in front of her full-length mirror. I wasn't so sure if I was wearing something I would be comfortable in, the dress belonged to Lennox and it was more her style than mines, "I feel like it's too bold for me, I don't normally feel this kind of style."