S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 14

"What are you talking about?"

Lennox stared ahead with her perfect brows furrowed in concentration, flapping her hand at me when I tried to interrupt her focus. I turned my gaze towards Sherry, who Lennox blatantly stared at, and felt my face heat up when she caught me.

The cheerleading squad were in full squeal mode as they watched the oh-so-hot jocks get sweaty but even my gaze fell on our newest recruits; Cedric and Braedon. Suddenly, I forgot about whatever it was that Lennox said because an overpowering rush of attraction swept over me.

Cedric moved like he was born for sport; he made it look effortless! Even under the sun's glare he was the last to break a sweat, and had a natural stealth to him when he dodged his way across the pitch. Is it weird to mention that he has great legs?

Because he most definitely did.

"You managed to jump out of your bod,y and into Sherry's." Lennox stated way too loudly, and I cringed at the volume of her voice. Did she not register how crazy that sounded aloud?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sherry herself heard it!

My mouth dried up at the memory. I could still feel that weird shivery feeling crawl over my skin when I thought about it. I didn't like the relive the moment because to be frank, it creeped me out to hell. It made me feel like an even bigger weirdo knowing that Sherry somehow knew about it.

"Once." I shrugged even remembering the taste of Sherry's lip gloss on her lips, "It was weird."

I could only guess that Lennox knew because of her 'perk' as she called it, that thing about her that let Lennox always know more than anyone else. Suddenly she inhaled sharply and pursed her cherry red lips together, casting me a side look that lost her normal devious twinkle.

"You did not tell my father about that." Lennox stated looking a little unsure, "This may be a problem."

I winced as I turned my gaze back towards Sherry Blinder, who still watched me unwavering. There was a certainty in her light eyes that made me unsure of what to do next, Sherry would most definitely be a problem; she almost always was in any situation.

Once, when we were kids, Sherry started a petition to ban frisbees from school when she was smacked in the face with one. The whole debacle lasted over a month, and the school finally caved in because she was such a big pain in the ass.

I didn't want her to be on my back next.

Sherry and I had never been friendly, even though she had dated Julian on and off since we were kids. I don't even think we had ever had a willing full conversation with each other in all that time. Sure, she was a major bitch, and could do with another head splitting frisbee accident, but she could also be gullible.

She'd have to be, if she believed half the crap Julian spouted about how his parents 'loved' her. Even though Sherry one time questioned the authenticity of Mrs Quake's family pancake recipe. Sherry lost her interest in me and blinked as she turned back to whatever it was her friends were speaking about, she threw her head back with tinkling laughter but there was something different now.

"You gotta staring problem, freak?" One of Sherry's clones suddenly hollered up at us, making me blink in surprise. Oh God, had I been staring? "Maybe you should take a picture, it'll last longer!"

Lennox rose her brows a little but kept her mouth shut, waiting until Sherry turned away from us before she continued, "That is exactly why you need to learn how to control yourself." She said in a quiet voice and bit her lower lip, "To avoid these sticky situations."