S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 15

"Are you going to marry Julian?" Calla looked up from the purplish shell that she had inspected closely, squinting her gaze behind her pink framed sunglasses, "Because if you did; I could be a bridesmaid."

I rolled my eyes at her, and planted my hands on my hips as I waited for her to finish so that I could finally go find the mentioned moron, "I'm not marrying Julian just so you can be a bridesmaid!" I drawled flopping onto a smooth sided rock.

"It doesn't have to be Julian," Calla murmured in response as she pocketed the shiny shell into her small lilac leather pouch that she'd had since forever, "It doesn't even have to be a real wedding!"

I scoffed at her ridiculousness as we walked across the rocky shore, for once enjoying the blast of heat that brushed against my skin through the taste of the salty breeze. Everyone knew that the beach was the place to go when it got too hot; the air here was chiller, and it was heavenly.

Calla liked to spend most of her Saturday's at the beach, whereas I was more of a hang-out-at-home kind of girl. I liked procrastinating in the comfort of my own bed, knowing that I could nap at any time, and not have to watch out for any of Julian's annoying friends who eyed the girls up like pigs.

"Your friends are here." Calla stuck out a finger and I followed its direction to where Lennox and Braedon were standing. I frowned a little, were they even my friends? "I think they're looking for you."

Lennox looked like a glamour model on a shoot in her flowing kimono with a shocking white bikini that someone should caution her to have not worn. I turned to Calla who raised a brow slightly but even I didn't know what to say, so I just shrugged a shoulder and hopped she didn't get cold up top too easily. .

"Waves are coming in now." I commented with a content sigh, watching as the deep blue lapped up the warm golden sand. Calla pulled out her binoculars from her small tote, "Julian is already out there. I think he's going to- he fell." She chuckled giddily, and handed them over.

A smirk curved my lips when I caught Julian's head popping back above the water with a hilarious splutter, his hair darkened from the water was plastered across his forehead. I made a mental note to tease him mercilessly about that later, because that dumbstruck look on his face was priceless.

"Is the weather like this every day!?" Braedon waltzed up to me in nothing but a pair of navy trunks and a pair of sneakers. Lennox had her hand wrapped around his muscular upper arm as she fanned herself, "I think it's beautiful, especially with a view like this." She murmured looking at a group of guys playing volleyball.

Braedon grimaced at her insinuation and turned back to me with a wide grin, "Cedric's out looking for you. Apparently, he has some big question." He informed me with a slow nod, I hoped my burning cheeks were mistaken for the touch of the sun.

"I'll find him later, we're done shell searching." I glanced at Lennox apologetically, unsure of how to tell her that I had been coerced by a ten-year-old into driving her out early, "Sorry, Lennox."

Lennox made a displeased humphing sound but perched a hand on her hip anyway, "The least you can do now is show me your bounty." She said to Calla, who narrowed her gaze suspiciously.

Everyone got touchy about their shell collections around this time of year, it had everything to do with the local fair coming around. The only time when the shells came into worth was when we could use them to make stuff and then sell it from an uneven, handmade stall. Something that Calla loved to do.

"You can look but you can't touch." Calla deadpanned squaring her shoulders, "Its priceless merchandise."

"Story of my life." Lennox smirked leading my little cousin away. I wondered if I should be worried that their spending time together, "We'll be back in ten! Don't worry, she won't drown."