S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 24

Best. First. Date. Ever.

Yes, it was my first 'first date' but I doubted that it could be topped. I don't even know what happened in the movie but I figured that it couldn't be that different from what Reynolds was doing in his re-make. Cedric didn't seem to have a problem with missing the entire movie either.

All we done was talk...and kiss, a lot.

By the end of the movie, I was curled into Cedric's side his arm holding me close against him. I enjoyed the way his nose nuzzled into the crown of my head and how his fingers drummed against my waist, his touch electrified my body. Everything about him had me wrapped up in a foreign emotion that I'm not at all in a rush to name.

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled once we pulled to a halt outside my house. He braked and pulled the key from the ignition, "Thanks for giving me tonight." Cedric smiled leaning over, pressing his lips to the tip of my nose and I laughed shyly, "Anytime." I murmured squeezing his hand in mines.

If we were any other kids; then Cedric would walk me to my door and we would share a cute goodnight kiss but that was off the table because my dad was literally at the car door. Humiliation burned through me at the sight of him squinting through the window, dressed in a pair of pyjama bottoms and a thread bare T-shirt under a dressing gown.

"Hey, Mr Crest." Cedric greeted with an easy smile as my dad pulled open the door for me. I hoped he knew by my scathing glare that he wouldn't be getting out of this easily, "How was your evening?"

I wanted to scoff. As if my dad done anything other than sit on his ass and stare at the clock, living in false hope that Cedric would be late in dropping me off. I bet he even muttered to himself about it, it wouldn't surprise me if he called Bonnie to complain either; my dad's social life was catastrophically worse than my own.

"You're early." My dad commented, and even had the nerve to sound disappointed, "Well, anyway, it was fine. Got a lot done. You know, I started reading that book you gave me...last year."

I didn't give my dad a book last year, the last book I ever gave my dad was two years ago and it was a cook book that was meant to be a joke. I smiled nonetheless as I climbed out of the car, casting Cedric an apologetic smile over my shoulder as I did so and I was relieved at his bright grin, grateful that he wasn't scared off by how weird my dad was.

"I'll see you at school." I smiled closing the door behind me. I tried not to blush when he didn't take his gaze off mines, "Good." Was all Cedric grinned as he started the engine, winking at me before he pulled away.

Dad watched the car drive into the darkness beside me with a touch of nostalgia in his gaze, "I remember my first date." He commented out of the blue and my brows rose a little, "Who was she?" I asked curiously, wondering whether I was going to gain some insight into an extinct love life.

"Just a girl; who I thought was a babe." Dad laughed pulling me inside and he sighed, "Nothing on your mother though; she was the real deal. You remind me a lot of her."

I nearly let out a dramatic gasp at the mention of my mom from my dad; the one person who he would almost never speak about, "How did you meet her?" I asked him casually, desperate to know anything. I know it made him uncomfortable but I needed to know, I wanted to something- anything!

"She was visiting the island one summer; came into the store." Dad looked reluctant to talk about it, but done it for me anyway. I hated how it made him feel but I was too selfish; all I wanted was to know a little about the woman who abandoned me, "It was like she knew where to find me; she chose me."