S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 12

"So, ice cream? My mom makes a pretty mean sundae."

Cedric flashed me an all too charming grin that made my stomach flip at the sight of and I cracked my own grin. Elias was done for the day and I could tell how eager Cedric was to get back into the kitchen, and if I'm being honest, I wouldn't hate on some ice cream in this heat either.

"Sure. Maybe she can give Ms Belle a run for her money." I laughed but paused when I saw Cedric lift a brow in question. It's hard remembering that he wasn't from here, "She's the local candy monger."

He made a noise of understanding and sighed dramatically, "I hope the woman has on her gloves. My mom is quite the cookery master." Cedric teased with a playful wink, brushing his arm against mines. I was sure it was on purpose, if only to make those sparks dance through me, but I stayed quiet.

A yipping noise dragged my attention away from those ridiculous dimples and towards a small dark red fox who peered up at me expectantly. A white tipped tail whipped through the air and she whined impatiently, zipping behind me and bumping the back of my knees.

"Uh, is something wrong with her?" I asked giving Cedric a concerned look as the fox continued to rub herself against me, trying to push me forward. He muttered under his breath and chuckled, "Nope. It's just Lenny's way of telling us that she wants you." Cedric explained sweeping an arm outwards.

When we both stepped forward, Loki done a one-eighty turn and snapped at Cedric, who immediately halted. He rolled his eyes with a grin, "And it's apparently a 'girls only' thing." he murmured watching the fox sniff at him.

"So, what? I follow the fox?" I questioned incredulously, and he simply nodded.

My gaze landed back on Loki who stared at me like I was the bane of her existence, "Follow the fox." Cedric repeated with a smirk and winked down at the silky fur ball, "Or she'll steal your socks."

Loki sniffed and turned with a flick of her tail and pranced away, leaving me with no chance but to follow. I never thought I'd ever find myself in a situation where I follow a fox somewhere but when I glanced behind me, Cedric was already gone.

I felt a little weird wondering through the shockingly large house with a little fox as a guide, especially when she moved so quickly. By the time Loki darted out of a wide pair of French glass doors that led out onto a richly decorated veranda that had a Caribbean feel to it with the cushioned wicker chairs situated around the couch, but that wasn't the best part.

The best part was the view.

"Wow." I gasped pausing to take it in, annoying Loki who paused at least a yard ahead of me with a low grumbling noise.

A throat cleared and it was only then that I noticed Lance with his booted feet propped up on a glassy coffee table and a discarded book by his side, "Would have thought the view would be bland to you." He muttered with his eyes shut and his muscular eyes folded behind his head, "You grew up here."

"A views a view." I shrugged feeling the heat rise in my cheeks, "Changes every day."

Not to mention that I doubt anyone had seen the view from this spot, from the cliffside. Nobody was brave enough to even pass the gates. Here, I could see the waves lap against the rocky shores and the sunset stretched across the darkening sky easily, it looked completely different from normal. It was a birds-eye view that just made everything a hundred times more better.

"Whatever." Lance muttered not even opening his eyes and I rolled my own, "Lennox is waiting."

I flipped him off, not caring whether he saw me or not. The Salvador's even had their own courtyard that looked roughly the size of a basketball court in their backyard with hoops set up, someone had even planted magnolia trees and looked to be in the process of making some flowerbeds.