S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 29

"I thought you didn't like dancing?" Cedric grinned as he twirled me around and brought me back to his chest. I wiped the light sheen of sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand, "Because it's so much work!" I gasped already feeling light headed from the heat.

Even Cedric looked tousled but he was obviously in his element; the club scene suited him. There was this exhilarating highlight in his dark eyes that brought out the gold rims around his iris, the sweat that glossed over his forehead made him appear to have a healthy glow and his hair was a sexy mess too.

But what surprised me was how good he was at dancing.

"Don't hate me because I know how to move." Cedric smirked at me, wrapping his arms around me in an unbearably warm embrace, "Lennox liked to play Just Dance when we were younger."

I laughed at the mental image conjured up of a young Lennox and Cedric dancing away to cheesy hits, I wondered how well he done at Lady Gaga's songs; that I would have loved to see. He grinned down at me, completely unashamed at his admission and even looked proud at his obvious success.

"Aw, I bet she owned your ass." I grinned noting how I had seen Lennox dancing in full swing earlier. It was like she was part of the music and I was extremely envious of how easy she made it look, even with her wavy mermaid hair, "But it's cute, I can just imagine you busting your ass for the trophy."

Cedric rolled his eyes at me and I grinned at him, "I didn't even need to try." He bragged tucking my hair behind my ears and cupping my face, "I must have done something right if it's impressing you."

He was cute, more than cute. I found myself unexplainably drawn to him whenever he was around me and it drove me crazy, loved how free spirited he was. Even though Cedric lived a life unlike any other, he somehow had a way of making it feel so...normal.

But it was a little harder for me.

Even now, I was surrounded by a mass pit of auras that clung to individual's and brushed against one another. Here the shades varied from intense crimson shades of lustful reds, all the way too almost white shades of balanced white tinted with faded shades of youthful orange. Colours of every kind were in every corner of the room.

A broken-hearted girl who argued mutely with her boyfriend under the heavy bass of music, wrapped in an ugly shade of envious green. Probably because he was paying too much attention to her friend, another guy was passed out in a booth but surrounded by a calming blueness that was lightly tinted with a not-so-good looking shade of yellow.

Normally, I worked to push it all out of notice. After so long auras became quite easy to ignore because they were there every day like the sky above but tonight they were so much of a bother like they used to be to me. Just now, all the colours were relaxing to look at, to figure out.

Like a really complex but infatuating puzzle.

"What does it look like?" Cedric asked, his lips pressed against the shell of my ear. Suddenly drowning out the music and I sighed, "Spiritual, like something Lance would ask me to imagine." I answered because there was no real description that would effectively match what I could

Cedric looked fascinated as he twirled me back against his chest, moving with the music so fluidly that he almost became part of it, "I'd love to see the world through your eyes." He admitted with a smile, and I wanted to smile with him but I found it more difficult than I wanted to.

"It's interesting." I said because it was, but it was also awful. Horrible to see how some people actually felt genuine happiness when they tormented others, or seeing someone wrapped in a depressing shade of grey as they suffered in silence, all the while wearing a smile, "You know every truth."