S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 30

I felt as if I was bathed in warmth, and it was possibly the most relaxing feeling I had ever had before. I could feel the firmness of a chest pressed against my back, a muscular leg was lying between my own, a strong arm curled under my head and another wrapped tightly around me.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and Cedric's room came into focus. My brows furrowed in confusion because I had no idea of when we came back here, in fact, I think the last thing I remembered was my request for the strongest drink they had in stock.

A fair enough request, if you ask me too.

"Stop moving." Cedric murmured against the nape of my neck and I scowled into the pillow, "You're disturbing my beauty sleep, woman."

I turned onto my side to see Cedric's face buried in my hair and cleared my throat, "When did we get back here?" I asked groggily, pulling loose strands of my hair away from my face. Cedric rolled his head around to face me, "Braedon called Lance every five minutes until he picked us up." He murmured in a dangerously sexy voice that was husky from sleep.

It was only then that I realized that once again; Cedric was shirtless, and it was confirmed that he was only wearing boxers when I felt his leg against mines. If he was wearing that, what was I wearing? My head discreetly angled downwards as Cedric tried to doze off again.

His shirt. All I was wearing over my underwear was Cedric's shirt, not the one from last night but one I had seen him in before. The smell of him clung to the fabric and I inhaled, enjoying the masculine scent that would probably stick to me until I showered.

"My mouth tastes minty." I commented tasting the freshness along my tongue and Cedric chuckled a little, "Because you kept eating the mints at the bar." He murmured fanning his warm breath against my head and butterflies exploded in my stomach, "Ah, and how did I end up in here?" I asked lightly.

I don't remember drinking much but it doesn't take much to get me drunk; I'm an admitted light weight but I'm not ashamed of it. I can get drunk quicker and cheaper than all my friends and never got a hangover, even now I was only feeling a little groggy and that would pass in a couple of hours.

"Mm, that would be my doing." Cedric finally opened his eyes, momentarily stunning me with that gorgeous gaze of his, "Can't blame me for wanting to spend the night with my gorgeous girlfriend in my arms."

A smile crawled across my face and I forced myself to stare at the ceiling, "Is that all we done, sleep?" I tried to keep my tone neutral, like the answer didn't bother me whatever it was but last night was a haze that I was having trouble piecing together.

"Oh course." Cedric's voice was soft, reassuring and he grinned at me, "Until you confessed something, something very juicy that you told me never to tell anyone because you've told no one else."

My head snapped around to him as a rush of horrifying thoughts surfaced to my mind and I sat up so quick that dots danced in front of my eyes, "What?" I demanded, watching Cedric fold his arms behind his head in a gesture of ease.

How could someone look so good in the morning? His auburn eyes were still clouded with sleep and his smile was adorably crooked, he looked too devilish to be compared to a Disney prince but if I had to, then I'd call him an even more wicked looking Flynn Ryder.

"I can't say." Cedric grinned at me playfully, humour dancing in his lively eyes, "I'm sworn to secrecy."

Even though it was first thing in the morning; a time when I consider myself to be the walking dead, I hadn't felt more awake. Being next to Cedric made me feel like a shot of adrenaline had been pumped through my heart, sending my every nerve ending into a complete frenzy.