S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 37

The first thing I remembered was being thrown into an unbearably hot bath.

Honestly, I felt like the water was gnawing off my frozen skin. I remembered shouting at Sherry for it, because I was so sure that she was purposely trying to torture me. Instead she was trying to warm me up before I needed a quick trip to the hospital.

Although, I'm pretty sure one of the Salvador's told me that sickness wasn't a problem for us. I didn't even think of it at the time, because that's still new news for me.

"So, how long have you known for, Sherry?"

"Ugh, don't be a bitch to me because Adrianna didn't tell you first." Sherry replied smugly, and I heard the anger fire from Julian's low growl, "Fine. Just drop the kicked puppy look; I've known for a while. It runs in the family for me. So, we didn't get an option with the possession thing but...she chose for you to know. Which is kind of a big deal, because she's a bigger freak than anticipated."

I slowly opened my eyes, and stared at the ceiling above me with a low groan. When did they put me  in bed? A bed that didn't belong to me. Hell, I didn't care about that right now. All that mattered was that I didn't feel like I had sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in a freezer.

"This is not my house." I groaned roughly, sitting up. Besides from a killer migraine butchering my head, there was nothing that felt wrong with me. I guess I never noticed how I had never gotten sick before, but I must've gotten a cold at some point in my life, "Sherry, is this your room?"

Once I finally composed myself, I learned why I felt so dizzy. I was literally being weighed down by an unimaginable mountain of blankets and comforters- I don't even think there were this many in my whole house. I also clocked onto the ridiculous number of decorative pillows; it was kind of sickening.

Sherry made a face at me, "Ungrateful much?" She muttered leaning over and pulling all the blankets off me and I helped in shoving them away, "We didn't want your dad asking any questions, and since my family are on the mainland for the weekend this was the best option we had."

My eyes skipped to Julian who leaned casually against Sherry's desk; his face showed a mass amount of stress that made me want to shut my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I wasn't ready to face him and judging by the look on his face; the feeling was mutual.

He cleared his throat and straightened when he noticed my gaze on him, "You know what my mom's like." Was all Julian had to say, because I did. As much as I loved Mrs Quake; the woman asked every question known to mankind.

Sherry spared a glance between us and inhaled deeply with raised brows, "I, uh, updated Thing Two on what's been going on." She informed me sitting on the edge of her bed and I forced a grateful smile across my lips.

"Yeah, I heard." I muttered gruffly, pushing my fingers nervously through my damp hair. I noticed that I was wearing a too small nightgown and cursed under my breath, "I don't want to know."

Just the thought of Sherry doing it made me want to cringe but I wondered if it would be worse than Julian; we had the kind of friendship that allowed us to hang out without me wearing pants but him changing my clothes whilst me being unconscious was a step too far.

Sherry's smile was wide and plastic, "Yeah, I won't be doing that again." She declared lifting herself off the bed, "Julian hacked into your phone and we called Cedric. He should be here soon, with food."

At the mere word my stomach began to rumble like the storm brewing outside, I don't think that I had ever been so hungry in my life. All I wanted to do was sleep now though; believe it or not but finding out that the woman who gave birth to me is basically a murderous icon to wraiths is heart-breaking.