Chapter 10

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you."

Rose's POV:

"I want to know everything, Harry. Why you are the one doing this, why someone wants to kill me, who was in the forest back there and what he was talking about, why you are different from the vampires I've been told about...just...everything Harry. If I'm the one supposed to help you, I need more details on this." I say and he sighs, looking down before nodding his head, his eyes looking back up to meet mine.

"I was chosen to be the one to come and find who it was who was wreaking havoc onto both the Kingdom of Light and the Kingdom of the Dark. Our kind is struggling too, but the source of it has come from here." he says and I frown at him.

"Why were you chosen?" I ask and he stiffens, looking away from me and not meeting my gaze as he answers the question. "It...it was just a matter of choice. It's something that I had to do." he says, his voice clipped and I frown but say nothing more. He obviously didn't want to tell me and I didn't want to make matters worse.

"Okay...so they sent you out on your own to do this?" I ask him and he nods his head, still avoiding my gaze. "Alright...so why does someone want to kill me?" I ask him and this time he turns to look at me, his eyes still guarded.

"Like I said earlier, they must want something you have...something along those lines. I'm not entirely sure why. But until I find out who it is, you aren't safe and you are a target. So keep someone with you at all times, alright? I'd prefer if it were me, so that I could watch you." he says and I nod my head to him.

"Who was in the forest back there? Dirk?" I ask him and he huffs, angrily shaking his head. "He's a dirty bastard, that's who it was." he growls and I recoil at the tone of his voice. He notices and sighs, putting a hand on my shoulder comfortingly before letting his hand fall, looking at me.

"Dirk is a demon. He's another kind of creature that lives in the Kingdom of the Dark. There are several different kinds of creatures, but demons and vampires are the most famously known." he says and I nod my head, knowing exactly what a demon was.

"So that's why he had golden eyes?" I ask curiously and Harry nods to me affirmatively.

"Correct, but not all demons have golden eyes. There are three different types of demons that I know of. One type can control different elements, they usually have golden or silver eyes. They usually control the four elements, but sometimes there is a rare type that can control lightning as well. Another type can control time, freezing it and making everything stop, they are known as Time Demons, and they usually have purple eyes. The third kind of demons are the most vicious, they can control darkness, the shadows and everything that goes along with it. They can range from silver to purple eyes. If you face one of those, there's almost no way out." he says and my eyes widen fearfully.

"Dirk is a demon who controls elements, the Elemental Demon. He and I actually know each other, so it wasn't hard to beat him up when I learned that he was one of the ones coming after you." he says and I giggle.

"There's not good blood between you two, is there?" I tease and he smirks at me. "You could say that." he says and I giggle again, looking at him to explain more. That is, until a question came to my mind and I looked at Harry seriously.

"Harry...what's a half-breed?" I ask him and he gives me a look of shock. "Excuse me?" he asks and I nod my head. "What's a half-breed? I've read about them before in a book, but no one could explain what they are...could you tell me?" I ask him hopefully and he just takes a deep breath before looking at me with a frown.